Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Gazella
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default APN Settings for Etisalat

So I just got my new HTC One; a remarkable phone. I just put in my micro sim card but I can't seem to get Mobile Data to work for me. I am subscribed to the 5GB Monthly Data Plan but Internet, WhatsApp, etc. does not work for me over mobile data. I can send/receive SMS but not MMS and I can make calls. That's it. It seems that I need to enter the APN settings of my carrier to enable this. But I can't find them anywhere. I tried calling but they were busy talking to other customers and I didn't feel like waiting any longer. Anyone here on Etisalat (UAE) and knows these settings?

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Default Re: APN Settings for Etisalat

My carrier is Etisalat as well. To get data and MMS to work you need to install APN, to do that, go to Settings->Mobile data->Access Point Names, from there add New APN and simply input these APN settings.

For Data (GPRS):

Name: DATA Package
    APN: etisalat.ae
    Proxy: (leave blank)
    Port: (leave blank)
    Username: (leave blank)
    Password: (leave blank)
    Server: (leave blank)
    MMSC: (leave blank)
    MMS Proxy: (leave blank)
    MMS port: (leave blank)
    MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 424
    MNC: 02
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: default,supl
    Bearer: Unspecified

Now hit the back button and the APN settings will automatically be saved. You'll see a button next to the APN you just added, tap on it to activate it. Data now works.

For MMS, do the same thing, add a new APN and enter the following:

Name: Etisalat MMS
    APN: etisalat
    Proxy: (leave blank)
    Port: (leave blank)
    Username: mms
    Password: mms
    Server: (leave blank)
    MMSC: http://mms/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.12.0.32
    MMS port: 8080
    MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 424
    MNC: 02
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: mms
    Bearer: Unspecified

Tap the back button to save. Now MMS and DATA should work. Enjoy your new HTC One
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
    Now MMS and DATA should work. Enjoy your new HTC One
    YAAY!! It works! Thank you so very much!!

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LadyX20 View Post
    YAAY!! It works! Thank you so very much!!
    No problem

Hi possible can you help me with my Sony Xperia Z i have etisalat sim and i suscribed Social Package but fb whatsapp or anything is not working. I called etisalat they shouted at me saying call sony call centre i was like whaaaa? i asked them why not you guys can help me on sony and their reply was we don't know about sony. Am i not using android phone ? lols ?

Thanks Gazella but I have a question,near etisalat mms the circle thing dosent come.

Hi,
    I got the LG Nexus 5 and subscribed for the Social Package but it isn't working. Could anyone help me with the APN Settings Please

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Wink Re: APN Settings for Etisalat

nice advice! been troubling about this issue for 3 days now! now it's perfectly working!

hi i own a htc one x, i just got the 49dhs social data package for smartphones, i dont know to how to configure it in a way that apps other than those mentioned in the social package will not use the data.

Hey Gazella,

I have an HTC One too and my Mobile Data doesn't work. It shows this message "Connection failed due to incorrect APN setting"! I have subscribed for the 49Dhs Blackberry Social Service. I had entered the Data GPRS APN Settings u mentioned above, but it didn't work for in my phone. Can you please tell me what is the info I must enter into the APN settings for the 49 dhs Package?

Thanks

hi all,

any update on above? i have subscribed to monthly social package also but it didn't work. pls help.

HI,

I am using S4 mini and facing the same problem as lie galelio? and update

hi dude,
    i have a problem in my etisalat data connection,i have been usin daily social package for last 1 month,but since 1 week its not working properly,when i go to options menu,turn off the data connection and the turn it back on,it works fast and properly just for like 3-5 mins then it does not even play videos on facebook or load images.i m using LG Google Nexus 5

Thanks

its not working for my sonyericsson w995...plz guide me through...\
    thanks

Thankyou sooo much! Have been trying since months to get it to work on my xperia z !

thank you so much...

Please help me out I have an Xperia Z and ever since i bought it i can not use my data package of Etisalat. i really need it. need help!

how did u got it working plz help me out. ever since i bought xperia z i can not use data package of etisalat