Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By D13H4RD2L1V3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turns out the HTC One DOES have a microSD card slot (But not for us)

Yup. The HTC One HAS a microSD card slot, but only for the Chinese and Japanese markets.

Can't stop me from trying to import them. xD

Turns out the HTC One DOES have a microSD card slot (But not for us)-27-htconedualsim.jpg
    Sent from my Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P/HTC One running InsertCoin 2.5 Sense 6.
    iamdld likes this.

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

Default Re: Turns out the HTC One DOES have a microSD card slot (But not for us)

Yeah just the US market cannot have them.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Turns out the HTC One DOES have a microSD card slot (But not for us)

Quote Originally Posted by elvee68 View Post
    Yeah just the US market cannot have them.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4
    According to HTC, it's because the Chinese and Japanese versions use a different radio that's smaller and allows them to fit a microSD card slot.

Or they're fake crappy knockoffs. China's extremely good at ripping things off.

KIRF Articles on Engadget

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

its real. AC has already talked about this variant. Basically China demanded it, so as to not lose the market, HTC complied.

It takes away the all metal unibody though.

SD slot is still a non-issue. With cloud services out the wazoo and the fact that if i really need more physical storage... all i have to do is plug in any flash drive (including sd card)... it doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemephosis View Post
    Or they're fake crappy knockoffs. China's extremely good at ripping things off.

KIRF Articles on Engadget

Are you SURE it's real? "It takes away the all-metal unibody" sounds like this:

Keepin' it real fake: HTC One gets a convincing plastic clone (video)

It's real. HTC makes a variant for the Chinese market which has the SD card and the removable back. All of the news sites have already reported on this variant, so it would be best to assume that it is real.

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yes. It's 100% legit.

Yes. It's real. This was covered awhile ago.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

It's real, I live in Japan and own the HTC J One. Not only do I have a microsd slot, I have a multi color LED :thumbup: of course I'm still on 4.1.2, and not even the latest update at that....

Alright, if you guys say it's real then. I would just hate to see anyone end up with a cheap, ripped off piece of garbage instead of a premium unit is all.

Quote Originally Posted by D13H4RD2L1V3 View Post
    Yup. The HTC One HAS a microSD card slot, but only for the Chinese and Japanese markets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27-htconedualsim.jpg 
Views:	652 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	79706
    They are localized versions for the Chinese Telecom operators... The product quality is poor due to the change of the design or some other reasons... You can unlock A Sprint one M7 simcard lock to make it a international phone.

sent from my m7spr using tapatalk 4

Be careful when importing one. ie the Japanese version is a CDMA device, sure it has roaming capability on GSM/HSPA, but as usual CDMA operators (AU by KDDI in this case) are notorious for refusing to unlock phones.. Actually only one operator in Japan unlocks phones (NTT DoCoMo), and it's a concept they championed not for the good of users but because they wanted iPhone users to use their services instead of their competitors'.

On previous HTC J phones sold on AU, there were talks that if you flashed some international ROM and radio image on it (The HTC J Butterfly, to be precise) it would effectively turn into an unlocked, international, GSM/HSPA variant HTC Butterfly. While it may or may not be possible with the HTC J One, I'd wonder if flashing an international ROM would at the same time completely remove access to the sdcard, since international models don't have it.

THAT being said, there's quite a long thread on XDA's HTC One forum about the Chinese variant and the troubles and joys they go through to make it work in their country of choice, rooting it, etc. IIRC, the Chinese variant doesn't come with Google's apps, so that's already a big minus except for the most paranoid of us who want to avoid Google's services...

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patrixl View Post
    It's real, I live in Japan and own the HTC J One. Not only do I have a microsd slot, I have a multi color LED :thumbup: of course I'm still on 4.1.2, and not even the latest update at that....
    You need to hand over that LED...right now.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by hodan View Post
    You need to hand over that LED...right now.

Come and get it :P

Is this a good time to mention that the HTC J One just got the 4.2.2 update today? Though we'll probably be behind the US when it comes to the 4.3 update, if all the rumors are true about USA versions skipping 4.2 and going straight to 4.3.

They use a radio signal.

Plug in any flash drive? I don't understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seggzy View Post
    its real. AC has already talked about this variant. Basically China demanded it, so as to not lose the market, HTC complied.

It takes away the all metal unibody though.

SD slot is still a non-issue. With cloud services out the wazoo and the fact that if i really need more physical storage... all i have to do is plug in any flash drive (including sd card)... it doesnt matter.
    Plug in any flash drive? Explain please?

I would rather the full aluminum body than a SD card slot and a Samsung plastic battery cover... 32 GB is plenty for me anyway.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Clark View Post
    I would rather the full aluminum body than a SD card slot and a Samsung plastic battery cover... 32 GB is plenty for me anyway.
    I have a full aluminum body with an aluminum back cover. On my J One. Just saying, SD card slot doesn't automatically imply a plastic door.. I'm impartial to the inclusion of the SD card in the One, could live just as well without it.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by deanver View Post
    Plug in any flash drive? I don't understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Plug in any flash drive? Explain please?
    USB OTG.

Get one of those adaptors and connect it to the microUSB port on your phone.

BAM! You can now use a USB drive, keyboard, mice, and even game controllers.

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out the HTC One DOES have a microSD card slot (But not for us)-img_0739.jpg

Here's a picture to help you understand it better.

USB OTG.

Get one of those adaptors and connect it to the microUSB port on your phone.

BAM! You can now use a USB drive, keyboard, mice, and even game controllers.

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0739.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	608.0 KB 
ID:	84244

Here's a picture to help you understand it better.
    Do you need a special app to transfer files to or from the usb stick? Or can I just use astro file manager?

ROM
    Stock MR2 OTA ROOTed

or get a 1tb Seagate wireless +Wi-Fi hard drive. transfer over its own Wi-Fi

inscribed by Droid DNA/Nexus 10 now Free

Kinda defeats the mobile purpose though, to each it's own I guess.