- 304 Posts
Why do some HTC One's vary from another?
Why do some HTC One's vary from one another? I have 2 replacements side by side. Both behave differently especially when it comes to the light and proximity sensors. I have an HT35 which takes almost a pitch black room for the capacitive buttons to light up. When they do, they care really dim. I also have an HT36 build date of June. This One the capacitive buttons come on almost all the time in a dim room. Does not have to be pitch black. And they are also much brighter and nicer to see at night. Not sure why some vary to one another.. Not sure which on to keep.
Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
- 09-08-2013, 01:57 AM #2
- 2,166 Posts
- MoDaCo Switch Beta 8
Re: Why do some HTC One's vary from another?
That wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me, but I'll try to answer this as best I can. During manufacturing, there are tolerance levels. Anything falling into "acceptable" tolerances will be allowed to be sold. Every device doesn't have to be exactly the same in regards to sensor function, just within a tolerable level. Further, they don't QC every phone. That would be way too expensive and time consuming. They do a handful from a lot and then allow the lot to be sold based on that. This is why within batches of phones, us users will sometimes get a bad handset.
- By Kic360 in forum LG Optimus G ProReplies: 22Last Post: 10-10-2013, 07:54 AM
- By hawkeye16qb in forum HTC OneReplies: 10Last Post: 09-09-2013, 04:11 PM
- By Klaus_K in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 09-08-2013, 03:16 AM
- By DUBNBASS in forum HTC One XReplies: 0Last Post: 09-07-2013, 05:47 PM
- By vxtip in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 09-07-2013, 04:33 PM