Data Consumption

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is the right place for this, anyway, I subscribed on Sept 5 for the 5GB Monthly Data Plan, that gets renewed automatically each month. I have been using the Internet, WhatsApp, etc. using mobile data when Wi-Fi is not available ever since I subscribed, which means I should have used some data from the first time I started using the Internet but when I checked today I was surprised to see that I have consumed 0MB :confused:

Attachments

• 2013-09-08 14.55.23.jpg
    2013-09-08 14.55.23.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 37

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
What is that? It may be the billing hasn't caught up. It's hard to believe you haven't used ANYthing.

T-Mobile gives me a running account of data used with one of its included apps. Does your carrier have that?

Frankly, I have kept downgrading by data plan because I find I'm on wi-fi so often. It is rare that I use more than half a gig of data, and that is on the high side of my usage. Some months are very little.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
What is that? It may be the billing hasn't caught up. It's hard to believe you haven't used ANYthing.

T-Mobile gives me a running account of data used with one of its included apps. Does your carrier have that?

Frankly, I have kept downgrading by data plan because I find I'm on wi-fi so often. It is rare that I use more than half a gig of data, and that is on the high side of my usage. Some months are very little.

No, my carrier does not have an app. In order to check my data usage, I have to dial a certain USSD code, I then get an SMS with how much data I have consumed from the 5GB and when my next renewal date is. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to do with billing not catching up as this isn't my first time subscribing to a monthly data plan, the data usage gets updated as soon as I use the Internet.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
No, my carrier does not have an app. In order to check my data usage, I have to dial a certain USSD code, I then get an SMS with how much data I have consumed from the 5GB and when my next renewal date is. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to do with billing not catching up as this isn't my first time subscribing to a monthly data plan, the data usage gets updated as soon as I use the Internet.

Well, all I can say is I find it hard to believe you've used 0. I'm not surprised if you haven't used much. But 0 seems pretty much impossible. If your carrier has no app (you may find they do...), you should give them a call and verify this.

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
What does settings, more, usage state? The phone also keeps track of what is used via the mobile network, WiFi, etc.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
What does settings, more, usage state? The phone also keeps track of what is used via the mobile network, WiFi, etc.

It says: About 66.45MB used. Measured by your phone. Your carrier's data usage accounting may differ.

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
That's all I usually go by. And the online stuff matches pretty accurately when I check.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power