Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Default Battle Royale! Galaxy S4 vs HTC One vs iPhone 5c vs all others!

Imagine... You put your favorite smartphones in a wrestling ring to battle it out.

Who has the advantages and why?

Who gets knocked out of the ring first!

If you base it off battery life, who is going to last the longest?

Who's screen would shatter last!

Post your interesting responses with descriptions below. (Have some fun with it.)

Default Re: Battle Royale! Galaxy S4 vs HTC One vs iPhone 5c vs all others!

Thread becomes massive trollfest in 3...2...1...
    Topgonzo and adriandb like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Well Nemephosis, looks like a great match up that we have here tonight! In the red corner, the oldest of the bunch, but the prettiest, pound for pound the biggest, the powerful, the loud, AHHTCH TEEE CEEE WONEee!!!!! (applause)

In the blue corner, the tallest, the quickest, the peoples choice, SAMmSUNGgg GALLAXEEe SSSss FOUR!!!! (applause)

In the green corner, the raining champ, the lightweight champion of the world, hasn't changed over the years much, The iPHONE FIVE SSSss!!!! (applause)

And in the Orange corner...
    Sir1 likes this.

And the winner is??

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battle Royale! Galaxy S4 vs HTC One vs iPhone 5c vs all others!-uploadfromtaptalk1379320483942.jpg  

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Root Method/Htc Dev unlocked/Juopunutbear s-off
    Recovery/4-EXT
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Indisputable evidence!

Honestly the HTC One could just sit on the iPhone and win that way.

What about the Nokia 1020? Wouldn't it be going around flashing everybody?

S4 is made out of cheap plastic. It bet it would go down first despite it's awesome software.

I think it would come down to The HTC One vs iPhone 5s. While the HTC One is in the corner choking out the iPhone, would the iPhone get a little help from it's buddy the 4s? And who would be refereeing this fight?

This just got deep...

Would that be the same "cheap plastic" that motorcycle helmets are made from? The stuff that protects your head from the concrete.
    Or, maybe the really "cheap plastic" that is used in phone cases? The ones that you always see permanently attached to aluminum and glass phones.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    Oofa 
    madlaw1071 and kgbkny like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

If plastic is so strong, why are cars not made out of it?
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

And I'm making blackberry the referee. As suggested by my friend. It doesn't diss on anyone or toot its own horn. It's business like approach would be fair to all other phones.

Where are G2 and Z1?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

LG G2 would be in the ring mimicking everything that Galaxy S4 did, because LG G2 is pretty much LGs version of the S4. The Sony Z1 would show up late to the party, get dunked in water by the iPhone 5s, shrug it off, go over and give a giant off the top rope elbow drop to The HTC One, and the HTC One with it's slick Sense, would get out of the way just in time, causing the big beautiful screen of the Z1 to crack.
    Last edited by BygSii; 09-16-2013 at 05:48 AM.
    festinator likes this.

S4 made out of motorcycle helmet plastic? That's funny! Try dropping it from 4 feet and see what happens.

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Recovery/4-EXT
    BygSii likes this.

The use of plastic isn't really the issue, it's how the device feels in your hand. I haven't held an S4, but the S3 feels like a lightweight shell of a phone. This was off putting to me when I held it.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
    Topgonzo and walterkurtz like this.

Putting an HTC One in a closed case like double flip is not better than an S4 with a good case like Spigen

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Jeff View Post
    Putting an HTC One in a closed case like double flip is not better than an S4 with a good case like Spigen
    What about an otter box?

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Recovery/4-EXT

Funny but cars are made of plastic. They are called Formula One racing cars...the same polycarbonate plastic used in motorcycle helmets and Samsung phones.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Uh, they are. Look at most bumpers. SMH
    bigrey81 likes this.
    Banned

HTC one the king of all phones be it g2 nexus 5 note 3 iPhone 5s S4 Moro x ThEY are all good smartphones but what HTC has built is a special unique SUPERPHONE that is miles ahead why have a Bmw Audi or the mercs when you can have and own the ROLLS ROYCE.....

Posted via Android Central App
    pergerson6 likes this.

The plastic used in MC helmets is designed to make the helmet look good. The protection comes from the EPS liner, and the entire concept is irrevelant to phones in any case because a phone doesn't get a concussion if its brain moves around inside its head.
    Habiib and adriandb like this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Ok so we have discussed the plastic theory wrong. What about the screen size theory and it's surface area in correlation to how easy ones screen would break the bigger it is? Fighting match would still come down to the iPhone 5s and HTC One.

both have Gorilla Glass.... tough to call.

Quote Originally Posted by BygSii View Post
    Ok so we have discussed the plastic theory wrong. What about the screen size theory and it's surface area in correlation to how easy ones screen would break the bigger it is? Fighting match would still come down to the iPhone 5s and HTC One.
    Correct except if you really did the calculations you'd find that the Iphone 5, HTC One, and Samsung S4 all weigh more than enough to provide enough kinetic energy to shatter each individual phone's screen many times over if dropped right on the screen.
    In an exaggerated example: What paper combination would last longer in a bend test using 5 lbs of force.
    Regular printer paper, or 2 sheets of printer paper. The answer is clear: 2 sheets. But in actual testing the difference is irrelevant both get flattened.
    garyft likes this.

Allow me to play the devil's advocate (after all, I'm a GS4 owner in an HTC One thread). Try not to flame and hear me out first. Both the HTC One and the GS4 are great devices, definitely at the top of the Android game. However, consider this: first off, the "cheap plastic" argument - as opposed to "expensive aluminum"? The plastic battery cover on the GS4 is easily replaceable if it becomes damaged. Not so much with the HTC One. Moreover, if both phones are dropped, the aluminum is a lot more likely to get dented - good luck getting that dent out.

Now that we have the building materials out of the way, both phones have the same exact internal components, excluding the cameras and display technology. When I was shopping for a new phone, it was between the Google editions of these two devices. In the end, my preference leaned towards the GS4. However, one is really not better than the other. It all comes down to personal preference.
    Phone:
    Nexus 5
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition

Tablet:
    Nexus 10

Quote Originally Posted by kgbkny View Post
    Allow me to play the devil's advocate (after all, I'm a GS4 owner in an HTC One thread). Try not to flame and hear me out first. Both the HTC One and the GS4 are great devices, definitely at the top of the Android game. However, consider this: first off, the "cheap plastic" argument - as opposed to "expensive aluminum"? The plastic battery cover on the GS4 is easily replaceable if it becomes damaged. Not so much with the HTC One. Moreover, if both phones are dropped, the aluminum is a lot more likely to get dented - good luck getting that dent out.

Now that we have the building materials out of the way, both phones have the same exact internal components, excluding the cameras and display technology. When I was shopping for a new phone, it was between the Google editions of these two devices. In the end, my preference leaned towards the GS4. However, one is really not better than the other. It all comes down to personal preference.
    I'll agree with most of what you say. The drop tests I've seen haven't resulted in dents, HTC claims their alloy is pretty tough. As far the "cheap" plastic comments, for me that comes down to feel. Plastic feels "cheaper" while metal feels like higher quality, more substantial. IMO. Like you, I was torn between the One and the GS4. for me, it came down to reviews. The reviews I read comparing the two concluded that the One had a better camera and it benchmarked faster than the GS4 despite the Galaxy having a higher clock speed. Most of the reviews I read also preferred the One's display over the Galaxy. I think it would be tough to consider either of these a bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by garyft View Post
    The reviews I read comparing the two concluded that the One had a better camera and it benchmarked faster than the GS4 despite the Galaxy having a higher clock speed.
    None of the reviews I read said the One had a better camera. In fact they said the One's camera was pretty poor or was "just enough". The S4 definitely blows the HTC One's camera out of the water.
    The S4 benchmarked higher if you look at stock benchmarks not the "Google edition".

Quote Originally Posted by asanatheist View Post
    None of the reviews I read said the One had a better camera. In fact they said the One's camera was pretty poor or was "just enough". The S4 definitely blows the HTC One's camera out of the water.
    The S4 benchmarked higher if you look at stock benchmarks not the "Google edition".
    We obviously read different reviews. The camera review I relied on was on a photo-centric site, it gave the One's camera the edge due to low light performance and optical IS. The benchmarks I saw were both bone stock versions, and the One scoring better was credited to the number of extra features running on the S4.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast