Problem with the Stocks application

anon(482205)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello fellow HTC One users,

I like to use the "Stocks" application to track the companies I have stock investments with.

For some reason, I am not able to add some companies to my list of tracked stocks. For example, if I try to add company "JCP" (JC Penny), I get a drop-down showing the company name but when selecting it, I get an error message saying "Unable to recognize the company name or stock symbol you typed. Please try again." If I just type in the stock symbol of JCP and search, I get an error message saying, "Sorry, but the connection dropped while your stock information was downloading. Try downloading it again?" Repeated attempts to add the stock symbol meet with the same error message.

I'd rather not download and install a different applicaiton to track my stocks. I'd rather just use the built in app since it's taking up space anyway.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, did you find a work-around? I'm wondering if I could find the specific file on the device where my preferences are stored and perhaps use a editor to manually add the stock ticker symbols I want.

I'd appreciate any help.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Try typing in JC Penney instead. If I type JCP, I get the same error. When I type Jc Penney, I get a list of stock symbols to choose from.
If the stock symbol differs a little, it won't work.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci