Hey all, the girlfriend just bought the One and she loves it, as do I. But last night in a poorly lit room (TV, candles, fish tank) I snapped a few terrible pictures. Could be an anomaly, could be the expected outcome, and it could be an actual issue. I have no idea.
Now, I'm well aware the conditions were quite unfavorable, and maybe we can just chalk this incident up to the One being unable to handle the awkward lighting. But, maybe not.
At the very least, I'm sure wondering if anyone here has produced similar results.
If this is normal, no big deal. I wouldn't expect any phone to capture a quality image in these circumstances.
The phone is only two days old, maybe at worst it's worth replacing just to err on the side of caution?
- 09-16-2013, 06:25 PM #2
- 09-17-2013, 09:25 AM #4
- 09-17-2013, 01:46 PM #5
Re: Camera misfire?
As puch96 said, if your GF phone has the "purple hinting" issue it will be fixed in the 4.3 update. HTC also has sadi that users with this problem can file a warranty claim to get a replacement. Open the camera app and put the phone face up in an even surface like a desk or a table. If the screen show anything other pure black, exchange it or wait for the fix.
If it's all black, try to take some other photos with similar conditions but use the "touch to take a picture" setting. In low light, the One can sometimes hunt too much to achieve proper focus, but it definitely can take good photos in low lit places.
- 09-18-2013, 01:54 PM #7
- By Nikki Brownell in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 09-28-2013, 09:19 AM
- By Alepaxx in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 09-17-2013, 02:13 PM
- By Bobbman in forum LG G2Replies: 11Last Post: 09-17-2013, 07:45 AM
- By bottlerocket in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 09-16-2013, 01:48 PM
- By ynevet in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 9Last Post: 09-16-2013, 11:42 AM