phone ran out of battery hen refused to re charge up again

pic taker

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I thought I'd share this 'happening'.
My HTC one battery died whilst I was using it.
Then it point blank refused to re charge. No red charging light. I was using the charger that came with it from HTC.
Then I tried a cheap lead, 1.5 metres long, that I'd previously stopped using as it took took long to charge the phone.

The phone recharged with this lead - I got the red light straight away.
I know from reading around that this has happened to other HTC One users and they sent their devices back to HTC to be replaced.
It might be a coincidence but it looks like the lower power coming through the cheapo lead made a difference.

Still it looks like there is an issue with these phones regarding running out of power - anyone else have that?

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
ive read similar posts..

as a precaution, i am not letting my battery dry up - even though its recommended to do so once a month.

when and if it drops to 10% i charge.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I thought I'd share this 'happening'.
My HTC one battery died whilst I was using it.
Then it point blank refused to re charge. No red charging light. I was using the charger that came with it from HTC.
Then I tried a cheap lead, 1.5 metres long, that I'd previously stopped using as it took took long to charge the phone.

The phone recharged with this lead - I got the red light straight away.
I know from reading around that this has happened to other HTC One users and they sent their devices back to HTC to be replaced.
It might be a coincidence but it looks like the lower power coming through the cheapo lead made a difference.

Still it looks like there is an issue with these phones regarding running out of power - anyone else have that?

It is NOT good for these batteries to be totally discharged; it can damage your phone. The HTC ONE has a lithium-ion battery: See Below.

Memory effect? In a word, Nope. The phrase belongs to nickel-cadmium (NiCad or Ni-Cd) batteries. If you charge a Ni-Cd battery before it?s completely discharged, it will lose capacity to charge fully the next time? as if it remembers the smaller charge capacity and regards it as the new norm. Hence, Ni-Cd batteries have to be completely discharged before charging again, to retain their full lifetime between charges. This is a peculiarity of Ni-Cd batteries, not shared by Li-ions. In fact, your lithium-ion battery likes it better if you don?t discharge it all the way between charges. This is why Apple recommends that you go ahead and plug in your charger when the device gives you its low battery alert. When you charge, the battery doesn?t really mind if you don?t top it off. Li-ion battery lifetime is all about charging cycles. One charging cycle is the time between one full charge and one full discharge. You can partially charge or discharge your battery many times during a single charging cycle. In short, your lithium battery has no memory effect, and you can recharge it, in whole or in part, whenever you feel like it.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
It is NOT good for these batteries to be totally discharged; it can damage your phone. The HTC ONE has a lithium-ion battery: See Below.

the htc one does not have a lithium-ion battery - it has a lithium-polymer battery.

there isnt much of a difference between the two but lets get the facts straight :)

Damon Harvey

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Solution to HTC one no-start

Thanks for the tip! My HTC One ran out of power. Then it wouldn't restart no matter how long I held the power button. No recharge red light when plugged in. Nothing. So I unplugged it from the HTC supplied power plug and used another power plug (the one that came with my ASUS Transformer) and I immediately got a red charging light and the phone powered right up. That little tip just spared a trip to the AT&T store and possible sending the phone in for service. Thanks.