1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wiping HTC One Before Repair?

Can anyone recommend a free or low cost app that would allow me to remotely wipe my One before taking it in for repair? Or is that not possible if the phone isn't working properly, doesn't power up, etc.?

I've had the One for a couple of weeks, and I haven't had any issues. In fact, I love this smartphone. The chances of it being stolen or lost are slim because I keep an eye on it at all times. However, I'm storing quite a few private documents, pictures, work assignments, etc. on the phone, and I'd like to remove those before repair (if that's ever needed). Usually, I would just take out the microSD card before having my phone serviced, but that isn't an option, of course.

I appreciate any recommendations given. And sorry if this is common knowledge, or has already been discussed.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Wiping HTC One Before Repair?

Welcome to Android Central, its great that you're here! I'm not sure if this would help but one suggestion might be to encrypt it.
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for responding. I'm not familiar with encrypting, but I did find another website forum that mentioned the Android Device Manager. It sounds like that might meet my needs, although I'm still not sure if the Device Manager works when the phone isn't operating correctly.

Posted via HTC One Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Wiping HTC One Before Repair?

Well, if the device is encrypted it won't be readable unless you've entered the password...at all, no way around that. The encryption options should be in the Security section.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"
    Live long and prosper.