Is there a way to have the same icons I use for the lock screen as well?

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am using a theme for Nova and they all show up correctly. But when I look at the lock screen, they are still using the standard icons. Is there a way to change these please either to automatically point to the current theme or manually assigning them?

I searched online and some people say it should show but others say no:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...icons-customizable-removable.html#post2421681

lee_michael_f92

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am using a theme for Nova and they all show up correctly. But when I look at the lock screen, they are still using the standard icons. Is there a way to change these please either to automatically point to the current theme or manually assigning them?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...icons-customizable-removable.html#post2421681

I would try a reinstall or clear the cache and permissions in the settings. Is there a paid version? If so it may only be for the paid version.

Sent from where the wild things are.

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
It's the clickUI theme, it's paid but I didn't clear the cache. But I never saw any theme changing the lock screen icons yet.

Also some posts talk about the Lock screen in the Settings but I checked 10 times, I don't have that option in the settings.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't have anything to do with the themes we use. Perhaps Nova or other launchers can do something about it in future updates, but my guess is that those icons are controlled via the stock lockscreen component.

One thing I haven't tried is to use another lockscreen such as Dashclock or Widgetlocker Lockscreen and see if they use the theme we currently have active or the stock icons.

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I see what you mean. It would be cool if the lockscreen also "tapped" into the same icons being used.

I haven't tried widget locker but can I have the exact default lockscreen except the icons, because I find the default pretty good, except the icons.

batman13

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
You have to go back to the stock HTC theme and from there you can change the icons from the lock screen. The screen has to be unlock of course. :) After you are satisfy go back to Nova
Hi,

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Go into nova and go to default launcher and choose sense. Then go to app draw and change icons from there, you can only do it from the app drawer. You can only have the icons that are on your sense launcher on the lock screen. Then switch back to nova.

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, when I change the icons will I be able to choose an icon pack similar to Icon Changer app allows? Basically Nova only allows using pics frm gallery or Dropbox, but not sure about Sense. If not then I will have the extract the icons from the theme and all that stuff :)

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok I just tried home switcher and I can see the HTC Sense but I am not able to change anything in the drawer. I click and hold the apps there but it only shows "uninstall" at the top, nothing else, no edit, etc.

Am I missing something?

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok I just tried home switcher and I can see the HTC Sense but I am not able to change anything in the drawer. I click and hold the apps there but it only shows "uninstall" at the top, nothing else, no edit, etc.

Am I missing something?

You will not have the customizability that you get in nova with the sense launcher. So when you have changed your icons, switch back to nova.

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks but how do I change the icons? I thought I had to click and hold the app in the drawer no?

I can now create the shortcut I want with the icon I want on HTC Sense desktop but when you hold this shortcut down, then the dock disappears and there is no way to show the same shortcut in app drawer.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Should I start a new thread because now the question is:

How to add my own shortcuts to the dock, not how to drag apps from the app drawer because in the app drawer, there is no way AFAIK to change the icons. All I want is to drag my own shortcuts with custom icons to the docker. I like android but certain things have the worst usability I have ever seen.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
All of the below is too be done in the sense app drawer, otherwise it won't work.

First off, remove the icon you want to replace by pressing, holding and dragging to remove at the top. Then you press and hold the icon while in the drawer to the dock. Then if you have a custom launcher switch back and your dock will be the same on the lock screen and on your launcher.

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
You cannot change the style of the icons in Sense and as what you see on the default lockscreen is controlled by Sense, you cannot change the icon itself. Third party launchers only affect what you see after the One is unlocked. Changing the style of your apps in a launcher doesn't change the style of apps on the Sense lockscreen.

If you want to change the appearance of the locksceen, you need to use a third party app. I use Widget Locker and it allows me to use the JB style lock screen, include apps for quick launch. I have 7 apps on the launch ring and if you drag from the left side of the lock screen, I can launch any of another nine apps.

Attachments

• 2013-09-08 23.36.13.jpg
    2013-09-08 23.36.13.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 2013-09-08 23.35.39.jpg
    2013-09-08 23.35.39.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 3