Screen Problem?

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, forum noob here.
I made the much-needed switch from an iPhone to an HTC One about two days ago and I'm absolutely loving it.
For some reason though, my screen will not turn on sometimes. Pressing the power button lights up the back and home keys, but the screen stays black. Unplugging or plugging in the charger seems to get it to turn on, but it only turns on for a split second then goes back to black.
I can't do anything but reboot the phone with the power button, and I'd like to know what is happening and how I can fix it.
Also, minor issue, but the top half of the back of the phone seems to rattle a bit when I tap it. Is that a problem at all?
Thanks guys!

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't even bother with a reset... I'd take it back to the store and demand a new one; there's no reason at all for the phone to be doing these things, unless of course you've rooted your phone and done something incorrectly.

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I was backing up my phone to restore it when it locked itself... On a whim I just pressed the power button, had the back and home light up, and slid up and put in my pattern lock to see what would happen. What do you know, the screen unlocked.
I guess just the lock screen won't appear?

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Alright, so after resetting my phone it appeared that the problem had gone. However I noticed it again just now but got more details. The lock screen does not appear when the power button is pressed. The screen lights up when the screen is slid up (to unlock it). This only occurs when the charger is plugged in.
Not an immediate problem and I'll have to see if it occurs if the charger is not plugged in..

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
See if the problem doesn't occur when the phone is not charging. Also, try another charger if you can. Are you using the stock lock screen or a third party?

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Alright, so after resetting my phone it appeared that the problem had gone. However I noticed it again just now but got more details. The lock screen does not appear when the power button is pressed. The screen lights up when the screen is slid up (to unlock it). This only occurs when the charger is plugged in.
Not an immediate problem and I'll have to see if it occurs if the charger is not plugged in..

Return that defective phone and demand a new one immediately if everything is stock and all this is happening.

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
See if the problem doesn't occur when the phone is not charging. Also, try another charger if you can. Are you using the stock lock screen or a third party?

It appears that the problem does occur when not charging.. I am on the stock lock screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Return that defective phone and demand a new one immediately if everything is stock and all this is happening.

Unfortunately it looks like that's my only option at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress