- 49 Posts
Is there any way to automatically enable/disable "Access to my location" when using Google Maps?
I keep location access disabled to save battery. This is located under Settings/Location, and then there is "Access to my location", and the Location sources are "GPS Satellites" and "Google Wi-Fi & mobile network location." What I'd like to do is to have the "GPS Satellites" and "Google Wi-Fi and mobile network location" settings automatically enabled when I open Maps and then automatically disabled when I exit Maps. I tried a free app called Automateit, but it didn't work. I know of a paid app called Tasker. Will this do what I want? Any other suggestions?
- 09-25-2013, 03:54 PM #2
- 63 Posts
Re: Is there any way to automatically enable/disable "Access to my location" when using Google Maps?
I just got a One and I set Tasker to disable location access and enable it depending on my criteria. Tasker will do the job. Unfortunately, the phone will pop up a warning every time it toggles location access. It got to be annoying so I stopped using it. Location access just stays on now. I wish there was a way to disable the warning messages.
- By RayMabry in forum Moto XReplies: 10Last Post: 10-25-2013, 09:11 PM
- By brazilmma in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 5Last Post: 10-07-2013, 06:13 PM
- By philly in forum LG G2Replies: 46Last Post: 09-30-2013, 02:18 PM
- By Spartacus MD in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 09-25-2013, 04:33 PM
- By Distant Deviant in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 09-25-2013, 03:12 PM