Textra app. Textra can't retrieve mms check apn

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Does any one get this message who uses this app with htc one. I can't figure out why I'm getting it my apn settings are fine and when checking stock app nothing is failing to come through.

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
It's probably just a glitch. The app is so much better then the others that I'm willing to deal with it.

MiguelZarz

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
What network are you on? I am on Sprint and have talked to developers and it seems to be that some carriers do something strange with the APN for mms. Even though it's the same settings, something fails to work. However the stock does not have that problem. Most developers figure this out eventually. You can try emailing the dev and wait for an update. Hope this helps!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Try ninja sms!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Is ninja very good. I haven't seen it mentioned much. And I gotta tell you I'm loving textra. The texting from the notification bar Is flawless. Gosms struggles with this function on the one.

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Does any one get this message who uses this app with htc one. I can't figure out why I'm getting it my apn settings are fine and when checking stock app nothing is failing to come through.

I've had the same problem a couple of times and have made the devs aware of it. While they say it may have something to do with the carrier the stock MMS app has always worked so I don't think that is the case. As semp1 stated, the app is so much better than the rest that I will just deal with it until a fix becomes available.

rcsuarez

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
getting the same errors. just updated to 4.3 on at&t and still the same problem. tbh, this has become more and more annoying as i use my sms/mms constantly. hoping for a fix soon, otherwise i'll be ditching android and the htc one.

LKV

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
This fixed it for me, I had the same problem on the Nexus 5 with Textra:

"I went into my APN settings (Settings > Wifi (More) > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > T-Mobile GPRS) and set APN Protocol from IPv6 to IPv4." (Source: Can't receive MMS - Nexus 5 | T-Mobile Support)

Once APN Protocol was set to IPv4, I received a barrage of waiting MMSs.

lovelytaypay

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
This fixed it for me, I had the same problem on the Nexus 5 with Textra:

"I went into my APN settings (Settings > Wifi (More) > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > T-Mobile GPRS) and set APN Protocol from IPv6 to IPv4." (Source: Can't receive MMS - Nexus 5 | T-Mobile Support)

Once APN Protocol was set to IPv4, I received a barrage of waiting MMSs.

When I try this, it says the APN can not be empty. What should be there? I have a Nexus 5 as well.

Last edited:

Tim Agopian

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Fixed for me LG-LS970

In Textra settings change the following settings:

Settings>MMS Settings>

Send Size limit from ---------------- 'No Limit' to '2MB'
Prefer Wi-Fi -------------------------- 'Tick the Box'
Activate Mobile Data --------------- 'Tick the Box'

Forum statistics

Threads