HTC One won't charge in my Honda Accord 2013

David De Vera

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5 and would charge my phone using the USB port in my Honda Accord 2013 with no problems. I recently bought an HTC one and was trying to charge this phone same way but it won't charge. It shows the battery blinking on and off. Any way to fix this?

zorrowaz

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi sell the Honda lolzzz just kidding mate have u tried a different usb socket or lead mines charges fine.....

Posted via Android Central App

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I work for Kia and Mitsubushi and tried the USB port there also with my one. Won't charge.. Unless I use the power outlet. Weird. I know certain vehicles will not charge through USB. Maybe not enough voltage.. IPhone might require less.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5 and would charge my phone using the USB port in my Honda Accord 2013 with no problems. I recently bought an HTC one and was trying to charge this phone same way but it won't charge. It shows the battery blinking on and off. Any way to fix this?

I have a 2013 honda accord and my htc none of my android phones have ever been chargable from the usb port of the car. my htc one does indeed charge fine with my car charger though.

andriver

May 1, 2013
Visit site
You may need to buy the car charger. Some of the chargers sold on amazon don't work well. I bought mine from the AT&T store.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2013 Honda Pilot and USB charging doesn't work on my phone either. Have to use the cigarette lighter or power plug in. I was hoping to connect the phone to the hard drive and transfer songs via the usb but that doesn't work either.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

passuied

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Just bought a honda odyssey 2015 and having the exact same problem with usb charging on my HTC one M8. The phone keeps going from charging to not.
The power outlet seems to work fine. Might have to do with HTC one and power delivered by usb port on car.
Sad as I was secretly hoping it may one day support Android Auto (as originally announced by Google in the last IO...) but this seems definitely compromised... Oh well.

If anyone has a workaround/fix, other than changing car/phone, I'm obviously interested.

taino87

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I JUST came from the Honda dealership thinking there was some sort of connectivity problem and they mentioned to me that the
USB port is supposed to be for media input devices only, in other words, just to play music. I have a 2013 Honda Accord V6 and a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. I was told by the dealer 2 years ago when I bought the vehicle that the USB can charge my phone, however, I have always found it difficult to do so even through various cables. The charge would go on and off whether I moved the phone or not. I have confirmed the information about the USB at least with the 2013 Honda Accord from the website and it states the following;

"Every Accord Sedan features a USB Audio Interface[1], so you can bring along a compatible portable music player or a USB drive loaded with your favorite songs. The USB port will keep your player charged up, and you can operate your player through the audio system.

iPod classic® is not included. iPod classic is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.[1] The USB Audio Interface is used for direct connection to and control of some current digital audio players and other USB devices that contain MP3, WMA or AAC music files. Some USB devices with security software and digital rights-protected files may not work. Please see your Honda dealer for details.

Drive responsibly. Some state laws prohibit the operation of handheld electronic devices while operating a vehicle. For safety reasons, always launch your audio application or perform any other operation on your phone or audio device only when the vehicle is safely parked.

This would make sense since my Galaxy phone charges extremely fast, too fast for the USB to constantly keep supplying the power to it, therefore it supplies intermittent connectivity. (I work on computers so this is just my theory behind the problem...lol) The reason why the Iphone may not experience any problems is because they haul less energy to charge therefore the USB is able to constantly supply it with the energy it needs.

Anyways, hope this helps anyone who is still wondering about their USB ports!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol