Canada live with 4.3 update.

Wreckus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got the notification as well. In Edmonton with telus.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Nice to see guys. Make sure to use and abuse it and give us your thoughts.

Post what's great and what you hate about the update. I'll sit back and continue to wait for mine lol

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Finally!

I guess this answers my question which one I will get first between 4.3 or the $25 Google play store. :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
On another note. I'm glad they decided to skip the 4.2 update and go straight to 4.3 otherwise i think we wouldnt be seeing it till 2014 lol. Good decision

Wreckus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Nothing new in blinkfeed in terms of feeds in my opinion. No Google plus option in blinkfeed as well. NFC works now at least. haven't touched any of the settings yet but overall, not much for changes. Deal killer for me is that it won't let me import my outlook/exchange activesync contacts. Some reason they think they are facebook contacts, which they aren't. Besides 4.3 and a few other small things, its cool but was thinking there will be more, especially with blinkfeed. Also not impressed that they are forcing google music onto my phone when I don't use it at all, especially rubbing it in that I can't buy music from google play. Props to HTC but because of google apparent refusal and laziness to bring features (buy music) and devices (chromecast) in Canada as well as going to bring ads to mobile gmail, it's likely that i'm ditching android as a phone OS in the very near future.
Update, you can't uninstall google music either, just tried.

Last edited:

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or have they made the grid size on the home screens bigger so you can fit more icons on?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
4.3 gives me ablsolutely nothing I can't have with what I've got now. First thing I did after getting my phone was have a friend root it, then I installed Android Revolution (basically Sense 5 with some enhancements like a battery percent indicator... a company in 2013 couldn't think to add this to the phone out of the box I guess) and then I downloaded Power Toggles, so I've had notification window toggles since then too... Not seeing what I need 4.3 for at all. I'm not updating anything until we can get Android 5.0.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
4.3 gives me ablsolutely nothing I can't have with what I've got now. First thing I did after getting my phone was have a friend root it,

If you go by that notion you will always and I mean always be ahead of updates and have things others have to wait for if they have the carrier version. So... Yeah. You will always be saying "I already had that" if you get the new ROMs that incorporate the new features by rooting way before a manufacturer update.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
If you go by that notion you will always and I mean always be ahead of updates and have things others have to wait for if they have the carrier version. So... Yeah. You will always be saying "I already had that" if you get the new ROMs that incorporate the new features by rooting way before a manufacturer update.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Except like I said, it was stock Sense with a couple minor things on it like the battery indicator. It's not like I have Cyanogenmod with a ton of enhancements on it, or what have you.

Also, I am behind on updates, not ahead. I'm still running Android Revolution 9.1 with JB 4.1.2 on it.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I hate to ***** about it but with all the delays it got to the point where I if it comes great, if not I'm okay with it.

The MENU key is the only real added feature to 4.3 personally because I looked elsewhere with Nova Launcher Prime, HD Widgets & WidgetLocker. I'm not into Rooting for various reasons.

Having said that, I do like having the latest OS just for the sake of it. :)

I said it before, at first I wanted for the sake of have the latest upgrade and of course for the Menu button but after lear

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2