Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Canada live with 4.3 update.

Canada live with 4.3 update.-screenshot_2013-09-30-11-27-24.jpg
    just downloaded 4.3 on my rogers htc one

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Canada live with 4.3 update.

I just checked on my HTC One with Bell and the update is there as well.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Installing as we speak on my device (Rogers)

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Just got the notification as well. In Edmonton with telus.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by Colclutz; 09-30-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Nice to see guys. Make sure to use and abuse it and give us your thoughts.

Post what's great and what you hate about the update. I'll sit back and continue to wait for mine lol

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Exciting. Installing my rogers htc one .

Downloading!! With Rogers. Finally!!

Finally!

I guess this answers my question which one I will get first between 4.3 or the $25 Google play store.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Nice! Enjoy guys .

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

On another note. I'm glad they decided to skip the 4.2 update and go straight to 4.3 otherwise i think we wouldnt be seeing it till 2014 lol. Good decision

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Can someone link me to a thread that shows all the changes from 4.2 and 4.3.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Nothing new in blinkfeed in terms of feeds in my opinion. No Google plus option in blinkfeed as well. NFC works now at least. haven't touched any of the settings yet but overall, not much for changes. Deal killer for me is that it won't let me import my outlook/exchange activesync contacts. Some reason they think they are facebook contacts, which they aren't. Besides 4.3 and a few other small things, its cool but was thinking there will be more, especially with blinkfeed. Also not impressed that they are forcing google music onto my phone when I don't use it at all, especially rubbing it in that I can't buy music from google play. Props to HTC but because of google apparent refusal and laziness to bring features (buy music) and devices (chromecast) in Canada as well as going to bring ads to mobile gmail, it's likely that i'm ditching android as a phone OS in the very near future.
    Update, you can't uninstall google music either, just tried.
    Last edited by Colclutz; 09-30-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    Thanked by:

Is it just me or have they made the grid size on the home screens bigger so you can fit more icons on?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Double post

4.3 gives me ablsolutely nothing I can't have with what I've got now. First thing I did after getting my phone was have a friend root it, then I installed Android Revolution (basically Sense 5 with some enhancements like a battery percent indicator... a company in 2013 couldn't think to add this to the phone out of the box I guess) and then I downloaded Power Toggles, so I've had notification window toggles since then too... Not seeing what I need 4.3 for at all. I'm not updating anything until we can get Android 5.0.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Doubt the HTC one will get 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemephosis View Post
    4.3 gives me ablsolutely nothing I can't have with what I've got now. First thing I did after getting my phone was have a friend root it,
    If you go by that notion you will always and I mean always be ahead of updates and have things others have to wait for if they have the carrier version. So... Yeah. You will always be saying "I already had that" if you get the new ROMs that incorporate the new features by rooting way before a manufacturer update.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    If you go by that notion you will always and I mean always be ahead of updates and have things others have to wait for if they have the carrier version. So... Yeah. You will always be saying "I already had that" if you get the new ROMs that incorporate the new features by rooting way before a manufacturer update.

Except like I said, it was stock Sense with a couple minor things on it like the battery indicator. It's not like I have Cyanogenmod with a ton of enhancements on it, or what have you.

Also, I am behind on updates, not ahead. I'm still running Android Revolution 9.1 with JB 4.1.2 on it.

I hate to ***** about it but with all the delays it got to the point where I if it comes great, if not I'm okay with it.

The MENU key is the only real added feature to 4.3 personally because I looked elsewhere with Nova Launcher Prime, HD Widgets & WidgetLocker. I'm not into Rooting for various reasons.

Having said that, I do like having the latest OS just for the sake of it.

I said it before, at first I wanted for the sake of have the latest upgrade and of course for the Menu button but after lear

Me too! Rogers im finally satisfied (momentarily ofc)

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colclutz View Post
    Nothing new in blinkfeed in terms of feeds in my opinion. No Google plus option in blinkfeed as well. NFC works now at least. haven't touched any of the settings yet but overall, not much for changes. Deal killer for me is that it won't let me import my outlook/exchange activesync contacts. Some reason they think they are facebook contacts, which they aren't. Besides 4.3 and a few other small things, its cool but was thinking there will be more, especially with blinkfeed. Also not impressed that they are forcing google music onto my phone when I don't use it at all, especially rubbing it in that I can't buy music from google play. Props to HTC but because of google apparent refusal and laziness to bring features (buy music) and devices (chromecast) in Canada as well as going to bring ads to mobile gmail, it's likely that i'm ditching android as a phone OS in the very near future.
    Quick update and a tip. I finally managed to get my contacts from my outlook.com/Hotmail account. What I had to do is export my contacts to a .csv file in google contacts. then go to my outlook.com/Hotmail account and delete the link I had between my outlook.com/Hotmail account and google. Imported the contacts then did some linking/cleanup of my contacts. I then re-set up my outlook.com account in settings on the htc one via Exchange ActiveSunc, let it actually sync, and all my contacts were there.

I can finally enjoy my HTC one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Colclutz View Post
    Wait... In Canada we can't buy music from the play store? How do android users in Canada get all their music and audio books?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemephosis View Post
    4.3 gives me ablsolutely nothing I can't have with what I've got now. First thing I did after getting my phone was have a friend root it, then I installed Android Revolution (basically Sense 5 with some enhancements like a battery percent indicator... a company in 2013 couldn't think to add this to the phone out of the box I guess) and then I downloaded Power Toggles, so I've had notification window toggles since then too... Not seeing what I need 4.3 for at all. I'm not updating anything until we can get Android 5.0.
    Eh, sense has a battery indicator, what are you talking about? And I don't even have 4.3.

And there's no android 5 on the horizon... You're waiting for 4.4.

Quote Originally Posted by verpeiler View Post
    Eh, sense has a battery indicator, what are you talking about? And I don't even have 4.3.

And there's no android 5 on the horizon... You're waiting for 4.4.
    No, I'm definitely waiting for 5, whenever it comes out, whether it's one month or six. I am not upgrading to an OS tied with a brand name marketing ploy, no matter how good it is supposed to be. If 5 does it too, I won't bother with it either.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast