Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sms contact picture 4.3

Hey everyone!

So i updated my phone earlier today to 4.3 figured id be totally happy but mehhh. One problem i have is I like to have pictures of my friends im messaging so when i open the messages app my friends pictures show next to their message. Now when I open my message app the contact pictures are just the default black and grey no face picture, i'll close the app, reopen and the faces will be there. Ill click on the person I want to message and the picture of them will turn default again. Its really annoying.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Michal Burnatowski; 10-02-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Default Re: Sms contact picture 4.3

I'm having the exact same issue with mine. It's a little annoying.

im having the same problem. Sometimes i just close the sms app and re open it and it works but then the picture of the person dissapeers.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Looks like its more than just me having this problem. Hopefully theres a fix

This is happening to me as well. Kind of a small thing but incredibly annoying. Maybe some info about what all of us that are experiencing the problem did will help us get it figured out. I backed up and restored my mms messages with the built in HTC function before I accepted the 4.3 OTA. Did you guys as well? Maybe thats the problem due to coming from 4.1.X to 4.3 base where things are stored a little differently... Any thoughts?

I did a complete wipe and did not restore anything. So I think this is just a bug I guess.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I got home from work, checked for an update, update was there so I clicked update. Didn't save or restore anything.

exact same problem. waiting for a fix

I thought I was the only one. Wow this is really annoying. Hopefully they fix this crap soon.

Same thing here

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Think HTC knows about this bug?

Stock user... Downloaded and installed this afternoon... Didn't save and or restore anything because I new it wasn't that kind of update... I do NOT have this issue with contact pics

I have a Roger's HTC One (canadian) and just updated on the 30th of September and i noticed the same thing with the Sms app...contact pics seems to take forever to load or just not show up at all , but whereas sometimes it's fine. I wonder how you can fix this. Performance wise 4.1.2 seemed to have less bugs than the 4.3 so far.

Just got the update on WIND and this is happening to me also.

I'm having the same problem, began occurring after update to 4.3 (Telus, Canada). I did not back up and restore manually, I just let it update and restore everything itself. The pictures show up fine under "People" and when I tap the blank icon next to the message thread. It is also very random, sometimes they load slowly, some don't appear at all, then any random number of them will reappear at a later time. Very weird and annoying... I thought they were supposed to FIX bugs not introduce new ones!
    Thanked by:

FYI just to bump I have emailed HTC twice on this and still no response - will need to phone them I suppose.......

Same here. IT"S FREAKIN' ANNOYING....!!!

Just heard that a cat that's in a wheel chair still needs to have a leash. The owner got a ticket....what @ holes.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

+1 !

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Umm it seems to have gone away, i now have the pictures all the time it seems odd....

Quote Originally Posted by krouri View Post
    Umm it seems to have gone away, i now have the pictures all the time it seems odd....
    Don't worry, it will happen again.

I called HTC but they are clueless!! I was told to do a hard reset.

Quote Originally Posted by evieminor View Post
    I called HTC but they are clueless!! I was told to do a hard reset.
    Don't waste your time. I have done a F reset twice for this and other anomalies to no avail.

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

I have found that closing the messaging app and reopening it pulls the pictures in. I just do that if I ever find I'm missing pictures. Definitely a hassle, but at least an easy workaround until they get it resolved.

Hey, for anyone who's using Handcent, does it still have problems pulling forward Facebook profile pictures? I used that until they lost that ability. Just wondering if that's been resolved? If so, I may have to give it another try.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Yeah, I'm also experiencing this problem after the update. It will come and go though - sometimes all pictures will show up, then none, then only the people I've texted recently won't have pictures. Very strange bug. Not a HUGE issue but would be nice to see it fixed...

I'm having the same issue since upgrading on Telus when it was first available. It comes and goes but i've found that the first "page" of contact pictures is almost always missing while if i scroll down all the other pictures are present. eventually the pictures will show up again. I emailed HTC and they had me clear the cache partition which didn't fix the issue. i haven't heard back from them in 7 days.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast