My HTC One is a 'test version'...

mset

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to update to 4.3. Software update function checks and comes back with 'there are no updates available for your phone'. If I go to the 'Tell HTC And Error Reporting' tab, at the bottom in red letters it says 'This is a test device', and goes on to say that data reporting can't be turned off for this reason.

I bought the phone from RFD, a local buy/sell site. Trusted seller, smooth transaction. Can anyone tell me anything about these test devices? Is it possible that I can't update the software to 4.3 on this device?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You may want to wait until HTC releases the official update but I'm sure there's some backdoor methods also, but nothing worth bricking your phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to update to 4.3. Software update function checks and comes back with 'there are no updates available for your phone'. If I go to the 'Tell HTC And Error Reporting' tab, at the bottom in red letters it says 'This is a test device', and goes on to say that data reporting can't be turned off for this reason.

I bought the phone from RFD, a local buy/sell site. Trusted seller, smooth transaction. Can anyone tell me anything about these test devices? Is it possible that I can't update the software to 4.3 on this device?

Are you in a place where 4.3 was released?

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

mset

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Are you in a place where 4.3 was released?
I assumed so because in the carrier specific section there's someone posting who said they are on my carrier and they have received the update. However...

You may want to wait until HTC releases the official update but I'm sure there's some backdoor methods also, but nothing worth bricking your phone.
Is it true that the official release has not occurred? I would have thought that if a big carrier like Rogers has received it, it would be an official release. Maybe not...?

I'm not rooted and not that much of a tinkerer, especially on this phone.

bljy

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I also have that test device message! Might have been due to all the tinkering in the past, s off and what not. Even after sending in the device to htc for a repair and them wiping and formatting the entire device, the message is there.

Haven't received 4.3 in Singapore yet as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey