1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Someone please help! Htc one sprint unlocked

I tried to root my phone but did not get past the "unlocking" part. My bootload screen (white screen with android skateboarding) now says ***TAMPERED*** and ***UNLOCKED***

My goal is to be able to download the new 4.3 update OTA but it will not download, I am assuming because it is unlocked?

1) does someone know hot to easily "lock" my phone back up so that i can download the update?
    2) I have a windows 8 computer and for some reason the drive on my computer does not recognize my HTC ONE Sprint phone...

PLEASE HELP!

Default Re: Someone please help! Htc one sprint unlocked

Just relocking your bootloader won't be sufficient. Once your bootloader is relocked, you won't be able to boot up the phone, or even get out of the bootloader without flashing the proper RUU. Check your software version to see if it's 1.29.651.10 or 1.31.161.2. If it's the latter, you won't be able to completely revert back to stock and update with OTA until you completely unroot, which you can't do without the proper RUU image version. The problem is, the 1.31.161.2 RUU has not been released, at least I can't find it anywhere. I worked on this for all night last night. However, if your software version is 1.29.651.10, then check out qbking77's "how to unroot/unbrick HTC one" youtube video. He has a link to the older RUU and instruction hoe to relock bootloader and fully unroot. I also posted a thread with my issue under the Sprint HTC One forum, so if you have the 1.31 software version, just keep an eye on that thread in case someone replies with a solution. Otherwise, I guess we have to wait for the proper RUU to be released before we can unroot and update via OTA. Bummer.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I do have the 1.31.161.2 sucks. Thank you very much for helping me out!

FYI- My brother did the same to his phone and someone online helped him flash a RUU and relock the bootloader. his phone is up-to-date with 4.3

hes on the same network with the same phone...If i find out how he did it i will let you know- problem is the person who helped him over the internet remotely access his computer and did it for him!

Quote Originally Posted by NikolasAmicone View Post
    I do have the 1.31.161.2 sucks. Thank you very much for helping me out!

FYI- My brother did the same to his phone and someone online helped him flash a RUU and relock the bootloader. his phone is up-to-date with 4.3

hes on the same network with the same phone...If i find out how he did it i will let you know- problem is the person who helped him over the internet remotely access his computer and did it for him!
    Very risky to let people remote in lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah, Couldn't you just kill it at anytime if you see him doing something elicit?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by flpalazzojr View Post
    Just relocking your bootloader won't be sufficient. Once your bootloader is relocked, you won't be able to boot up the phone, or even get out of the bootloader without flashing the proper RUU. Check your software version to see if it's 1.29.651.10 or 1.31.161.2. If it's the latter, you won't be able to completely revert back to stock and update with OTA until you completely unroot, which you can't do without the proper RUU image version. The problem is, the 1.31.161.2 RUU has not been released, at least I can't find it anywhere. I worked on this for all night last night. However, if your software version is 1.29.651.10, then check out qbking77's "how to unroot/unbrick HTC one" youtube video. He has a link to the older RUU and instruction hoe to relock bootloader and fully unroot. I also posted a thread with my issue under the Sprint HTC One forum, so if you have the 1.31 software version, just keep an eye on that thread in case someone replies with a solution. Otherwise, I guess we have to wait for the proper RUU to be released before we can unroot and update via OTA. Bummer.

Posted via Android Central App
    Hey man, its been a while...did you ever find that 1.31.161.2 RUU stock?? i'm trying to sell my HTC and I cant even factory reset to erase all my data bc the phone is still unlocked...