Looks like I found an ugly bug in the HTC one W/ Sense5

neolistic

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
coming from being an iphone user for 3 years I've only come to expect smooth transitions and overall butter. I definitely thought I found that in the HTC One until I saw this over sight on HTC's part.

When sliding to unlock your phone the htc one status bar at the top pops into existence for a split second and then retracts to the default transparency it's supposed to uphold

Start the HTC One review video at 36 seconds in so you see exactly where the bug is. (top of the HTC display)
http://youtu.be/Ja4c8wR_iMM?t=36s

In my opinion its a complete deal breaker and I'm flashing this the ROM to stock Google play edition right this minute! This is unacceptable for a flagship phone to have such a obvious glitch in the way the transitions unfold. I will have to deal with the fact that Google edition doesn't have notifications on the text message box, but it sure beats seeing that ugly transition every time I unlock my phone!

on cleanROM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVLAtRt1fPc

Last edited:

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't care less about such a thing to be honest. And I'm not trying to be a ****. Maybe they'll fix it, maybe it's an OS issue and not an HTC issue, etc. Everyone has their gripes I guess.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

neolistic

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't care less about such a thing to be honest. And I'm not trying to be a ****. Maybe they'll fix it, maybe it's an OS issue and not an HTC issue, etc. Everyone has their gripes I guess.

fair enough, but it does make the overall experience less uniform and more clunky and unpolished

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
coming from being an iphone user for 3 years I've only come to expect smooth transitions and overall butter. I definitely thought I found that in the HTC One until I saw this over sight on HTC's part.

When sliding to unlock your phone the htc one status bar at the top pops into existence for a split second and then retracts to the default transparency it's supposed to uphold

Start the HTC One review video at 36 seconds in so you see exactly where the bug is. (top of the HTC display)
HTC One, six months later - YouTube

In my opinion its a complete deal breaker and I'm flashing this the ROM to stock Google play edition right this minute! This is unacceptable for a flagship phone to have such a obvious glitch in the way the transitions unfold. I will have to deal with the fact that Google edition doesn't have notifications on the text message box, but it sure beats seeing that ugly transition every time I unlock my phone!

lol are you for real?

if this is a "deal breaker" for you i can't imagine what it must have been iOS 6 showing a blue status bar on some apps and a transparent on others.

i didn't even notice this until i saw this video.. and then again i had to rewind it a couple of times to make sure that silly glitch was indeed what you were referring to. most likely, its pulling the blinkfeed status bar before it goes into the home screen.

had you stuck with apple, you would be having a seizure for sure at this point: with the many exploits they've discovered to access a locked phone, the broken compass, and so on and so forth.

neolistic

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
lol are you for real?

if this is a "deal breaker" for you i can't imagine what it must have been iOS 6 showing a blue status bar on some apps and a transparent on others.

i didn't even notice this until i saw this video.. and then again i had to rewind it a couple of times to make sure that silly glitch was indeed what you were referring to. most likely, its pulling the blinkfeed status bar before it goes into the home screen.

had you stuck with apple, you would be having a seizure for sure at this point: with the many exploits they've discovered to access a locked phone, the broken compass, and so on and so forth.

This is the kind of attitude Steve jobs would have fired you for if you were fortunate enough to work for apple. The reason apple is such a success is because of the no compromise attitude to detail and perfection. This is a huge over sight in what is supposed to be one of andriods top phones. its clunky and buggy and not something you expect from stock firmware for a $500 phone. Google play edition on the other hand does not have this kind of oversight and as a result made my decision easy on which ROM to use.

badams1

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
This guys has to be joking....or trolling....maybe both?

Wait for the punchline guys....wait for it.....wait...for....it......

neolistic

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
This guys has to be joking....or trolling....maybe both?

Wait for the punchline guys....wait for it.....wait...for....it......

Clinging to your dear android phone as if its the best thing on the market, typical Android fanatic mentality. What you fail to see is there is a bug, and its ugly and i hope it creeps up on you at night and haunts your dreams over time!

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
This is the kind of attitude Steve jobs would have fired you for if you were fortunate enough to work for apple. The reason apple is such a success is because of the no compromise attitude to detail and perfection. This is a huge over sight in what is supposed to be one of andriods top phones. its clunky and buggy and not something you expect from stock firmware for a $500 phone. Google play edition on the other hand does not have this kind of oversight and as a result made my decision easy on which ROM to use.

Well then it's the apple versus everything else debate which isn't worth getting threadlocked for. Apple has its advantages and Android has its advantages. And both certainly have their disadvantages. And in many cases, one of the primary reasons for going Android is that...it isn't apple. I'm more inclined to comment that if you're going to say you're mad about something like this that could very well be OS related... Then maybe apple could suit you better? Then again there's plenty of flaws there that aren't ONLY UI related in their product. Not everything is polished in any OS that exists today. That's why you have a choice. Good luck with your decision, seriously.

neolistic

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well then it's the apple versus everything else debate which isn't worth getting threadlocked for. Apple has its advantages and Android has its advantages. And both certainly have their disadvantages. And in many cases, one of the primary reasons for going Android is that...it isn't apple. I'm more inclined to comment that if you're going to say you're mad about something like this that could very well be OS related... Then maybe apple could suit you better? Then again there's plenty of flaws there that aren't ONLY UI related in their product. Not everything is polished in any OS that exists today. That's why you have a choice. Good luck with your decision, seriously.

glad to hear you're level headed, as I'm just trying to get this bug out there and possibly having it fixed among the other bugs because I do enjoy having a duel boot environment on my android phone!

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

yes. the kind of detail and perfection one finds in apple maps, siri...

you have issues with the htc one status bar. we get it.

apple users also have issues with iOS 7. many of them in fact.

read through the list, knock yourself out.

and fine, get the google play edition at least its an option.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had my HTC one running sense and Google play edition roms. I'm on sense 5 android 4.3 as I have my Moto x now with stock like android. Frankly I did not even notice this "glitch" until reading this thread.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

neolistic

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
yes. the kind of detail and perfection one finds in apple maps, siri...

you have issues with the htc one status bar. we get it.

apple users also have issues with iOS 7. many of them in fact.

read through the list, knock yourself out.

and fine, get the google play edition at least its an option.

apple may have went a bit overboard on the animations for some, but at least they have smooth transitions! I'm glad google got it right with their stock andriod rendition or I'd be returning this phone tomorrow.

I've had my HTC one running sense and Google play edition roms. I'm on sense 5 android 4.3 as I have my Moto x now with stock like android. Frankly I did not even notice this "glitch" until reading this thread.

I have been doing a thorough comparison between the google play edition and the sense 5 ROMs. I to failed to notice it until I started doing my transition overview between the two ROMs.

coldjeanz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I noticed it when I first got my HTC One but I didn't care. If it was fixed that would be cool too

But the way you sound right now...honestly get on some medication. This level of OCD is just scary

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

no one in their right mind did.

neolistic

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I noticed it when I first got my HTC One but I didn't care. If it was fixed that would be cool too

But the way you sound right now...honestly get on some medication. This level of OCD is just scary

no need to start bashing, my observation is no different than the likes of a reviewer on toms hardware doing an in depth analysis.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
apple may have went a bit overboard on the animations for some, but at least they have smooth transitions! I'm glad google got it right with their stock andriod rendition or I'd be returning this phone tomorrow.

I have been doing a thorough comparison between the google play edition and the sense 5 ROMs. I to failed to notice it until I started doing my transition overview between the two ROMs.

If you don't like it then go back to Apple. Every OS has bugs, it's just about choosing which ones you can stand. One bug like that isn't enough to make me go to iOS but that's just me. Good luck flashing GPE ROM. I wish I could do it to mine

Posted via Android Central App

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

supposed to do that. lets you know what carrier you are on.

edit to remove video (saves from having to see it multiple times)

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I could care less as well as 99.9 % of everyone else. My daughter had the Iphone 4 -4s and not HTC ONE x .... she now gets it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC