- 27 Posts
Getting an External Battery Pack (what rules do I need to know?)
The title is pretty self-explanatory. I'm looking at losing the home (family) phone and getting an HTC One. I have a work phone, my wife and I are getting tired of paying $36/month for a phone that rings ten times a month with no features (call waiting, voicemail, display etc) and I personally like the idea of a new tech toy in the house .
Anyway back to my question. Are all external battery packs equal? Meaning as long as it puts out 5v and about 800 mAh or less charging the device can it charge pretty well any phone I might be looking at? Living in Canada a mophie juice pack is damned well out of the question if I want it shipped here to Ottawa. $100 US ($104 CDN) plus a stupidly high $100 shipping! I buy most of my "cheapie" electronics stuff from an overseas distributor. Stuff like HDMI cables, 3.5 mil stereo cables, even colour changing light bulbs and my 7" GPS in my car came from there.
There are "HTC One/M7" snap-on battery packs like the mophie but they're a crud load cheaper. My preference is to just get a chocolate bar sized pack and throw it on the counter or in the car if I need it but $25 s/h included looks like a good deal even if it only works for six months. That being said if there's any possibly of my shiny new phone doing the electronic version on "gerk!" I'll have to think about another way to charge it.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post names/ links of websites that don't contribute here so I'll defer to the better informed.
Last edited by wjwwjw; 10-03-2013 at 09:00 PM.
- 10-03-2013, 07:51 PM #2
- By Super Dave426 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 12Last Post: 11-01-2013, 07:50 PM
- By CSI Guy in forum HTC OneReplies: 12Last Post: 10-05-2013, 09:57 PM
- By memphisboy in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 13Last Post: 10-03-2013, 11:24 PM
- By ckalantzis in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2013, 05:42 PM
- By vipa316 in forum Wallpapers, Ringtones, and ThemesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-03-2013, 04:53 PM