Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sentinelly
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default signal bars :(

My signal bars when low after the 4.3 ..why ?? Even when inm on the streets anyone else??

Posted via Android Central App
    Gator352 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: signal bars :(

Quote Originally Posted by sentinelly View Post
    My signal bars when low after the 4.3 ..why ?? Even when inm on the streets anyone else??

There could have been some adjustment to the way the signal bars interacted with the actual signal. If you notice no change in the signal/coverage of voice/text/data services then nothing to really worry about. If there is, then consider a factory reset to clear out any issues that may exists and see if the problem persists.

I'm having this issue to. And yes, I have done a factory reset.

I have great coverage where I live and as the phone sits it's at 1 to 2 bars and continuously drops to 0 bars. Before, it would be at 4 to 5 bars. But as soon as I dial a number, it boosts to 5 bars and all is good. As soon as I hang up, it drops back down. I know the phone works and not really worried about it but it IS ANNOYING!!!

The only thing that's getting on my nerves is when you use the Daydream feature...the bottom buttons stay lit. Not content with them being on when it charges overnight and it detracts from the overall look and feel of Daydreams itself.
    Last edited by Gator352; 10-06-2013 at 06:19 AM.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Mine stays one or two bars ...

Global Posts
    674 Global Posts

I've read that 4.3 changed the bars from showing the strength of the 1x voice signal to reflecting the strength of the data signal. I believe that shifts back instantaneously as soon as you receive or initiate a call.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    I've read that 4.3 changed the bars from showing the strength of the 1x voice signal to reflecting the strength of the data signal. I believe that shifts back instantaneously as soon as you receive or initiate a call.
    ^^this ^^

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    Thanked by:

That's what I thought!

I'm at 0 to 2 bars (before I would get 5 to 6). As soon as I initiate a call, it jumps to 5 or 6. As soon as I end the call it drops to 0 to 2 bars again. Seemed back@sswards.

I don't think I'm liking it that way though. I drive a truck and being able to see whether or not I have signal to make a call is imperative.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Im not the smartest person in the world but what do you mean by ''4.3 changed the bars from showing the strength of the 1x voice signal to reflecting the strength of the data signal''? Does it mean now signal is weaker?

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTex View Post
    Im not the smartest person in the world but what do you mean by ''4.3 changed the bars from showing the strength of the 1x voice signal to reflecting the strength of the data signal''? Does it mean now signal is weaker?
    No. It just means there are two different interpretations on how signal is displayed. I wouldn't worry unless your data speeds or general call quality has decreased.

T-mobile Moto X
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    No. It just means there are two different interpretations on how signal is displayed. I wouldn't worry unless your data speeds or general call quality has decreased.

T-mobile Moto X
    Oh ok. Yeah right now i display 2-3 bars when not on the One an when in use to talk on it its 4-5. Just wasnt sure if that 4.3 update would make me miss calls or texts cause of how signal is displayed an whether or not it affects data speeds. But cool thanks for clarifying that!