HTC One - No sim card error?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having this? Periodically I keep getting notification that no sim card is present and that 4g lte service won't work etc. It's annoying as hell.

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a good reason to hit Sprint/store or HTC for a warranty claim. This I would say is a non user related issue and you shouldn't be responsible for any warranty charges. Reason I say this is our SIM card is non removable so how could we be at fault for messing it up?

ctmiller118

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue, Invalid SIM Card. Finally went in to Best Buy Mobile, where I purchased the phone, on Saturday and they gave me a new SIM card. Got home and my phone gave me another error code saying there was No SIM card. Went back on Sunday and they called Sprint to make sure the number on the SIM Card was in Sprints system, because it wasn't doing it on its own. 2 days free of any error codes....keeping my fingers crossed!

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It's a known issue with some HTC phones. For some reason the sim tray doesn't sit right. Get it exchanged. The problem will not go away.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

joedirt34

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue, I held the power button down and put the phone on airplane mode, then I held the power button down again to take it off airplane mode and it seemed to have worked. The sim card warning went away and now my internet is back on. Try this to see if it helps. Good luck.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
You're not alone. Happens on my AT&T one from time to time. I've missed a few calls because of it.

Posted via Android Central App

Jimmy Walker

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
This same issue happened to me after I accidentally hit the UICC Unlock button under system updates. I tryed a factory reset and that wouldn't resolve the issue so I finally took a paperclip and bent it and inserted it in the SIM Card tray. I removed the SIM Card and put it back in. That seemed to do the trick!! That cleared the error message and now my phone works like a charm again!!
Good Luck

Fvin Bareng

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue just last week (with TMO). They tried 2 new SIM cards with no luck. A replacement phone is on the way.

dr.who

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue on mine. I cut some very thin card in the shape of the SIM and used that as a spacer. It gives the contacts a better connection. Haven't had a problem since. It was an old trick I learnt from my days with Palm

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm on Sprint, called them yesterday, and got connected to their international group. They sent out a refresh of some sort, and it hasn't appeared since. Guess if it shows up again I'll be contacting them for replacement under warranty.

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I get that error maybe once a month. I just lightly tap the top left of the phone and it goes away. Loose connection with the SIM card I guess. lol

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue on mine. I cut some very thin card in the shape of the SIM and used that as a spacer. It gives the contacts a better connection. Haven't had a problem since. It was an old trick I learnt from my days with Palm

Like business card thin, or thinner?

BigHonu

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Took my phone into ATT the first time and they replaced the SIM card.

My problem went away for a couple of weeks, but came right back. Went in a second time to ATT, explained my situation to an associate, and he immediately started a warranty claim. I got a refurbished phone within 3 business days and three months later, no error so far.

Just lucked out for me because the refurb took care of the NO SIM issue, was actually better cosmetically than the one I returned, and the battery life was WAY better.

GrayLuna

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
What number and what exactly did you tell them because I explained my situation to them and all they told me was to look for a SIM card online by myself. When I went to a local sprint store, they just said they didn't even know if they were getting cards in. Really annoyed with them at the moment.

lhill40

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a MyTouch 4G Slider, and I kept getting the "No SIM Card", "Emergency Calls Only" error messages too. I got a new SIM card at T-Mobile, and the problem seemed to get worse. Taking the SIM card out and putting it back in no longer worked. I saw the post below and thought the problem might be hardware, not software related. I tore two small pieces off an index card, folded them in half and inserted them between the SIM card slot and the SIM card. So far, so good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781