Deleting files from Downloads folder

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to find a way to delete with a single tap all the pdf files, thumbnails and other files which end up in my Downloads folder. I have Cleanmaster, but this won't let you choose what to clean. I also have ES File Explorer which will let me access the folder and delete the files, but I'd rather have this process more automated. Any app that will do this? Maybe Tasker?

Posted via Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
While I use Tasker, let me rephrase that... While I used to enjoy using Tasker, before Google screwed with all of the permissions those sorry so and sos, I've never tried to use it to delete files. If you have it try it, you can also get a free trial of it if you download it from the web. Before you do I would check some of the profiles that have been created for one that might do what you're trying to do at Taskerwiki or the other one who's name slips my mind at the moment. You may also want to check out Astro File manager at the Google Play. It has several nice features one of which is a search by file type, and I think you can narrow it down to one file. It also has several other nice features you may like. It won't be the one button from your home screen answer you seem to be looking for but I think once you've had a chance to play with it you'll find it useful.

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I read that CCleaner may be coming out with an app. On a PC, you can choose which folders to clean. So far I haven't found any Android app that will let you choose what folders to clean. I will look into your suggestions though, thanks.

sentinelly

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Bro just download es file explorer you can see every single folder in your phone delete create move anything u want . I love it cause it acts like its an sd card so i dwnalod movies music and delete from the after .. i put my pics from computervin the folders from there simple

Posted via Android Central App

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
While I have never had to quickly delete everything at once, I have a home screen icon for the download folder through Lidroid File. U could open it, click "select all", and "delete" pretty quick but probably not just like you want.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Try History Eraser (free in Play Store). It will clean Play Store Search history, Stock Browser History, All Apps Caches, Clipboard, Chrome History, Downloads, Google Searches all with the touch of a button. On a separate tab it can clear your Call Logs and on the last tab it can clear all SMS/MMS messages (Call Log entries and/or MMS messages can be cleared individually as well).

Having said that, it only cleans the "Downloads" directory but NOT the "Download" directory (I have both directories on my phone.)

arun_MOTOG

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I did the below in my MOTO G

Settings > Apps > All > Download manager > Clear data > OK

By this method only downloads folder made empty, actual files still available in mobile gallery.

jwwoodell

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Easy!
Go into the Downloads folder to see the files.
Lika any other Android item you want to delete, hold down on the file until it "jumps" and you see the "remove" trash can at the top of the screen. Drag the file up to the trashcan and, poof! it's gone!

Adrian Dobos

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! Thank you! I signed up just to thank you. I cursed half a night over my new android phone, installed all sorts of file manager, checked forums, for such a simple thing, but to no avail... I hate android so much, but thanks again!!!

red296

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Like jw said easy-peasy go to the download folder and hold down and at the top corner hit the delete button!
You may have to refresh for it to show that you have deleted it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital