Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By roblox84
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.3 OTA failed

I just finished downloading the 4.3 update for my att one. When I clicked to install it stated that the phone will be restarted and the update applied. The phone shut off and wouldn't turn back on even worth holding down the power. I plugged the charger in and the phone came back on but nothing was updated.

I can't get the phone to reinstall the update and I can't check for the update because a box keeps popping up saying I can check again in 23 hours and 40 minutes. I've tried clearing Google services but nothing is working can someone please help.

Default Re: 4.3 OTA failed

Quote Originally Posted by roblox84 View Post
    I just finished downloading the 4.3 update for my att one. When I clicked to install it stated that the phone will be restarted and the update applied. The phone shut off and wouldn't turn back on even worth holding down the power. I plugged the charger in and the phone came back on but nothing was updated.

I can't get the phone to reinstall the update and I can't check for the update because a box keeps popping up saying I can check again in 23 hours and 40 minutes. I've tried clearing Google services but nothing is working can someone please help.
    Go into date and calendar in settings. Move the day 2 days ahead and check again for updates. See what happens..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, that did allow me to check for updates but now it's showing no updates available.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well I tried it again and it worked but its re downloading the whole file again so we'll see if it installs this time. Thanks again for the help.

Edit...Man this is one slow update. It took 3-4 hours the first time and now another 3-4 hours, lol this sucks.
    Paul627g likes this.

Well I tried it again and it worked but its re downloading the whole file again so we'll see if it installs this time. Thanks again for the help.

Edit...Man this is one slow update. It took 3-4 hours the first time and now another 3-4 hours, lol this sucks.
    And here, I've been sitting believing that AT&T was SO much faster than Sprint.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

Seems like the AT&T HTC One update is messed up. Many people are having issues with it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

I tried downloading the update yesterday and it stopped at 6%.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    And here, I've been sitting believing that AT&T was SO much faster than Sprint.
    I was downloading it on a WiFi connection so I do believe something is wrong with the Att update as someone also mentioned. I got it to install last night by the second try but just the installation took 40 minutes.

I came from sprint and att is much faster. Its faster then Verizon and Tmobile and has better reception in my area then people have with the other companies, I'm definitely happy with the switch.

Anytime. Unfortunately mine hasn't shown the update yet. No matter how many times I have checked.. I'm in central Florida..

You can update using your computer at HTC's US website www.htc.com/us Click-Support-HTC One (AT&T) It's under "News & Downloads" You have to install HTC Sync Manager first or update to v2.1.77.0 *Full link-
    http://www.htc.com/us/support/news.a...me=htc-one-att EDIT: This will erase your phone. Make sure you read the full instructions. NOTE: One other way is to set your phones date ahead by a day or two and then check for updates.

Been struggling with it myself, haven't been able to get the whole thing to download. I think I'm at the furthest point I've gotten to at about 220mb (39%), so it seems like it's moving along now. It's at least picked up where it left off every other time. It has gotten stuck before for HOURS even though I had service & was connected to WiFi.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    Anytime. Unfortunately mine hasn't shown the update yet. No matter how many times I have checked.. I'm in central Florida..

I don't see any big changes, the only thing I did was show the battery percentage in the status bar which I like.