Changes for HTC?

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, the branding on the phones will no longer say HTC. They'll say Lenovo....

I'm not sure that would be 100% true. Lenovo does not have the name recognition that HTC has for mobile phones. you'd hear a lot of who's that or Lenovo, never heard of them inside ATT, T-MOBILE, VZ and SPRINT... people don't like buying from companies they never heard of....at least I don't...

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Indeed! Maybe I haven't heard of them for a reason

lenovo phones are mostly big in china. very big in fact.

and htc won't necessarily lose its brand name; in fact it would be darn silly if it did since its a well established name. of course it might lose a lot of its independence but it can benefit from lenovo's penetration in the chinese market and access huge resources in terms of money, know how and rnd.

i am hoping this deal does in fact happen because there is no other android brand on the market that makes phones quite like htc, but htc will not be able to take on samsung, sony and apple on its own in the long run - not to mention nokia with virtually unlimited funding from microsoft.

freakshow999

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I personally like the Lenovo brand they took over IBM's pc division around ten years ago and I've had very good experiences with their products. If their phones are anything like their computers expect more bang fir the buck.

Heck no one had really heard of Pantech and yet they put out a phone with damn near the same specs as the S3 a while back which screamed. (Pantech Flex)
I bought mine out right for $140. When I went to the at&t store to get it activated the rep was all excited about the phone and the fact that it was a sleeper as everyone had always though of Pantech as a bitten tier company and that's if they had heard of them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

biggerloofah

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
This is sounding like a potentially great move then :) Have to say the One is an absolute belter; anything Lenovo could do to bolster the position of HTC is a plus for me

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure that would be 100% true. Lenovo does not have the name recognition that HTC has for mobile phones. you'd hear a lot of who's that or Lenovo, never heard of them inside ATT, T-MOBILE, VZ and SPRINT... people don't like buying from companies they never heard of....at least I don't...

I'm sure it will say "Lenovo" on the phone. If you look at all their phones they sell in China....they all Have "Lenovo" on the top. They will want the recognition and the only way to do that is to brand them. I see what your saying though, but I'm about 100% sure the HTC branding will go by the way side.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I personally like the Lenovo brand they took over IBM's pc division around ten years ago and I've had very good experiences with their products. If their phones are anything like their computers expect more bang fir the buck.

Heck no one had really heard of Pantech and yet they put out a phone with damn near the same specs as the S3 a while back which screamed. (Pantech Flex)
I bought mine out right for $140. When I went to the at&t store to get it activated the rep was all excited about the phone and the fact that it was a sleeper as everyone had always though of Pantech as a bitten tier company and that's if they had heard of them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Everyone looks at Pantech like they look at Kyocera, A budget phone maker because that's all they put out for ages. Then when they put out a great phone, nobody wants it because they think of their other offerings. I thought that way of LG until the LG Optimus G. The LG Optimus G was a sleeper and didn't sell well on Sprint because no one knew it was actually better than the S3/S4 at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith