Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts

Default MTP Mode

Updated my One and plugged it in for charge for the first time via USB and computer and I have a new icon that reads "MTP Mode is enabled". Will someone enlighten me on exactly what this is?

Thanks

Default Re: MTP Mode

MTP means Media Transfer Protocol. It's the main way that most newer Android phones interface via USB with a computer, allowing your computer to browse certain folders on the phone, and transfer media files like photos, music, and videos.
    Gator352 likes this.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

And it's why most car stereos won't read the music from Android phones - they're not configured to be MTP-compatible. (Sorry, just thought I'd chime in with that one.)

Cheers!
    ----------
    Cheers!

Yeah and it also broke HTC sync for what it's worth. Can't access files through their own software....amazing.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts

Thanks for the replies.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lilme08 View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    Just remember it's a Google thing, not HTC. MTP was forced to us in 4.2..now 4.3...
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

Unhappy Re: MTP Mode

This just popped up for me today for the first time. I was always able to play music through my car stereo, but now I can't. Is there any way to get rid of this?

Quote Originally Posted by GiGiHart View Post
    This just popped up for me today for the first time. I was always able to play music through my car stereo, but now I can't. Is there any way to get rid of this?
    Unfortunately, no. It's part of the design of the latest versions of Android.

How do I use MTP Mode to download music from my Apple computer to an HTC One?
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Fodor View Post
    How do I use MTP Mode to download music from my Apple computer to an HTC One?
    Peter
    download HTC Sync Manager from here.
    ~gabriel

I use TuneSync to sync my MAC (iTunes) with my HTC One. Works fine..

I set up what iTunes playlists I wanna sync and the "server" applet on the MAC and the Android App on the HTC One keep things nicely in sync.
    Works via Wireless or Wired connection to the MAC ..

Brilliant.

Hi all

In relation to this thread, I have an HTC One and hate using HTC sync, I used to have the Sensation XL, and when connected to the pc, could simply drag and drop files from one to the other, is there a way to do this for HTC One, as I find HTC Sync very user unfriendly?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by smelly1 View Post
    Hi all

In relation to this thread, I have an HTC One and hate using HTC sync, I used to have the Sensation XL, and when connected to the pc, could simply drag and drop files from one to the other, is there a way to do this for HTC One, as I find HTC Sync very user unfriendly?

Regards
    what do you mean?.. i simply close the HTC sync window and just go to "my computer" to browse inside the phone.
    is there a reason you cannot do that?
    AussieAndroid likes this.

I've tried that, and for some reason, it's not letting me drag n drop files from my pc to the phone, or vice versa??

I've tried that, and for some reason, it's not letting me drag n drop files from my pc to the phone, or vice versa??
    this is weird.. i dragged ringtones and videos. i'm sure someone here can think of a reason..

How can I view pictures via usb on my tv... I've tried on a few different tv models and it came up "no media device"

Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi 1234 View Post
    How can I view pictures via usb on my tv... I've tried on a few different tv models and it came up "no media device"
    You likely can't unless your TV can read the MTP file system.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon

I registered just to reply, so I hope this helps.

After you plugged your phone, unlock it. I couldn't access my files before unlocking my phone.

I use airdroid to drag files to my htc. Its great.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I use WiFi File Transfer. Amazing...

I had the same problem here until I found out that there is a USB driver update that I needed to do.
    Everything is working fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Picotte View Post
    I had the same problem here until I found out that there is a USB driver update that I needed to do.
    Everything is working fine now.
    What usb driver update?

This is one thing that has always bugged me about owning an android phone!!

Errr while you could do a driver update for windows, how about for mac users?
    plagued here with the same bloody problem of not being able to drag and drop (ie. to copy files to and from the device to my mac).

Will HTC just drop its ******* htc sync and let us use android file transfer like the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by anexiole View Post
    Errr while you could do a driver update for windows, how about for mac users?
    plagued here with the same bloody problem of not being able to drag and drop (ie. to copy files to and from the device to my mac).

Will HTC just drop its ******* htc sync and let us use android file transfer like the rest?
    AFT worked until 4.4. I this Google just needs to update it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast