Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By badams1
  • 1 Post By RebeccaCool
  • 1 Post By badams1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default 4.3 update causing battery issues

    Can someone tell me why after updating my device my battery is draining even in SLEEP mode?? Is anyone else having the same issue?
  2. #2  
    krouri's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    Quote Originally Posted by AKAshananigans View Post
    Can someone tell me why after updating my device my battery is draining even in SLEEP mode?? Is anyone else having the same issue?
    Yes my battery went from 100% to 75% in 42 minutes of standby, save for reading and answering 3 text messages and 1 hangouts message.
    Are we the only ones?!
  3. #3  

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    After the 4.3 update I have noticed usage changes when viewing battery usage but my battery life has stayed the same or improved.

    Sent from my HTC One
  4. #4  
    tazman69's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    I was having the exact same issue. I reluctantly resorted to wiping my phone and it did resolve the problem. My battery life is back to normal. I read a post from someone else who factory reset their phone and it did not resolve their issue though. But it has seemed to help the majority of people that have posted on the subject.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    Quote Originally Posted by tazman69 View Post
    I was having the exact same issue. I reluctantly resorted to wiping my phone and it did resolve the problem. My battery life is back to normal. I read a post from someone else who factory reset their phone and it did not resolve their issue though. But it has seemed to help the majority of people that have posted on the subject.
    Did you redownload 4.3?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    Quote Originally Posted by AKAshananigans View Post
    Can someone tell me why after updating my device my battery is draining even in SLEEP mode?? Is anyone else having the same issue?
    in not having this issue but I did do a factory reset after just in case.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,355 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    No factory reset for me and my battery seems to be ok. I will get to test more as the weekend comes into play when it will be used more normally. I will report back my findings!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    Quote Originally Posted by usguyver View Post
    in not having this issue but I did do a factory reset after just in case.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Maybe this is a dumb question but wouldn't a factory reset remove the update?
  9. #9  
    krouri's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    Quote Originally Posted by AKAshananigans View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question but wouldn't a factory reset remove the update?
    No it would not.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    Quote Originally Posted by krouri View Post
    No it would not.
    have you tried to factory reset to see if it improved your battery life?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    I would be interested to know from you folks that are having battery issues, how many apps you have installed on your phone? I have 40...and I know what each of them are and what they do. You would be suprise how many people will just install, install, install...and then when they have 100-150 apps on their phone and it starts acting funny they wonder why....

    Not saying thats the answer in every case....but I think the average person doesn't care and just mucks their phone up with junk to the point there is no way to tell what is causing issues.

    Not all apps are created equally....
    Gator352 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    Quote Originally Posted by badams1 View Post
    I would be interested to know from you folks that are having battery issues, how many apps you have installed on your phone? I have 40...and I know what each of them are and what they do. You would be suprise how many people will just install, install, install...and then when they have 100-150 apps on their phone and it starts acting funny they wonder why....

    Not saying thats the answer in every case....but I think the average person doesn't care and just mucks their phone up with junk to the point there is no way to tell what is causing issues.

    Not all apps are created equally....
    I only have 15 apps and before the update I had less but the update, as you know, came with new apps. Apps aren't my issue. And are you saying you've downloaded 4.3 and aren't having battery issues?
  13. #13  
    krouri's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    Quote Originally Posted by AKAshananigans View Post
    I only have 15 apps and before the update I had less but the update, as you know, came with new apps. Apps aren't my issue. And are you saying you've downloaded 4.3 and aren't having battery issues?
    I have 11 apps, all the same that i had prior to update. The only thing i downloaded is dashlocker is that a big battery drain.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    I actually have 200+ apps on my AT&T HTC One 64gb. I was getting good battery life before the update and now after 4.3 my battery life is even better! I have been unemployed since January so I'm on my phone more than I ever was while working. Fully charged and left on battery over night I lost 3/ I have been on my phone for most of the day and right now I'm at 35/.

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    e2ackbar likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    When did the upgrade occur? For the past few days I've only gotten about 2 hours on a 1.5 year old Rezound with standard battery typically charged overnight and previously lasting around 12 hours of mixed use.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    Quote Originally Posted by AKAshananigans View Post
    I only have 15 apps and before the update I had less but the update, as you know, came with new apps. Apps aren't my issue. And are you saying you've downloaded 4.3 and aren't having battery issues?
    That is correct. Right now...my phone has been off the charger for about 4.5 hrs...and has dropped 2% in that time. Granted I've only sent 3-4 txts and checked the weather once in that time...but standby drainage is def not an issue for me.

    Normal usage obviously drops it quicker...but never at a rate that made me suspicious of a problem.

    I updated to 4.3 OTA within the first 30 mins it was available.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Gator352 likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaCool View Post
    I actually have 200+ apps on my AT&T HTC One 64gb. I was getting good battery life before the update and now after 4.3 my battery life is even better! I have been unemployed since January so I'm on my phone more than I ever was while working. Fully charged and left on battery over night I lost 3/ I have been on my phone for most of the day and right now I'm at 35/.

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    And your complain is? Losing 3% overnight is great! Been on most of the day and at 35%? Still great. What is your screen on time? 3, 4, 5 hours? If so, I would say it's right on par as to where it should be.

    One thing people don't get is that after setup, Google syncs anything and everything under the sun that drains the battery. Go into settings, accounts, and then Google and uncheck ALL that you do not need. The biggest battery drainers are sync to Google Chrome, contacts, and all the play book/movie crap and Gmail. You can always recheck them to sync if you have to then uncheck when not needed. Another killer is G+. I do not care what others say, G+ and photo sync is another battery drainer. Sign out then resign in when needed. All these will HELP in battery life.

    I have 4.3 and my battery has been great. I think even better now than before by a little, but I practice what I preach too.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6
  18. #18  

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    I don't have any complaints my phone is doing just fine. I was just informing that 4.3 hasn't created any battery issues for me. My auto sync and gps are also on.

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  19. #19  
    Bradski9's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    I haven't really tested my battery much since updating but it seems like it is lasting longer xD
  20. #20  

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaCool View Post
    I don't have any complaints my phone is doing just fine. I was just informing that 4.3 hasn't created any battery issues for me. My auto sync and gps are also on.

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    I'm sorry, I read your statement as it was worse....my bad

    I also meant to quote AKAshanagans.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6
  21. #21  

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    I'm sorry, I read your statement as it was worse....my bad

    I also meant to quote AKAshanagans.
    That's ok.

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  22. #22  
    e2ackbar's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default Re: 4.3 update causing battery issues

    Concur, my battery life has improved significantly. I don't need to use power save and no bluetooth to get through the entire day.

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Relocked and updated to 4.0.3...now what?
    By duckredbeard@yahoo.com in forum Vivid Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 07:47 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-14-2013, 12:39 AM
  3. Samsung galaxy S4 battery question
    By Jude Mathis in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2013, 05:17 AM

Posting Permissions