Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    Hi All,

    Help required with my HTC One 801n.

    The phone details
    M7 UL
    Hboot 1.54
    Radio 4A.17.3250.14
    CID HTC_001

    The phone was unlocked and rooted shortly after I bought it in July. I was using a Google edition Revolution HD 22 Rom, but I decided to try a CM10.2 ROM and this is where it all started to go wrong. I downloaded the CM Rom and started to flash it on my phone but I got a boot loop with a different screen repeating over the recovery screen so I tried to wipe it and reflash but in doing so I deleted everything. At that time I could get into the recovery screen where it said there wasn’t a ROM installed, so I tried flashing the ROM again but this time I can only get into the boot loader and Fastboot, with option into recovery.

    Things I have tried
    In fastboot I can type cmds such as ‘devises, reboot_bootloader, fastboot oem readcid, without a problem, but if I try to flash a image or zip file it doesn’t recognise the command or file. I receive a message ‘unknown partition & error : cannot determine image file name’
    If I try cmd ‘fastboot oem rebootRUU.’ The phone screen changes to a dark screen with HTC

    So in summary I haven’t a clue how to sort the phone out so any help would be appreciated.

    Also if I try to go into recovery it just stays on the screen ‘entering recovery’
  2. #2  

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    Quote Originally Posted by patgk View Post
    I can only get into the boot loader and Fastboot, with option into recovery.
    So are you able to get into recovery or not?
  3. #3  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    you should be able to fastboot boot recovery.img in order to boot up in a custom recovery and try to get your phone back online.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
  4. #4  

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    Yup, if it's actually gone. Download recovery and:

    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    No not into recovery only into Bootloader
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    Yup, if it's actually gone. Download recovery and:

    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Tried that but it doesnt work or am i doing something basically wrong
  7. #7  

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    Does your bootloader say unlocked?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    Does your bootloader say unlocked?
    Unlocked
  9. #9  

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    Give this a try
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    tried that but I could only manage to relock the bootloader with it
  11. #11  

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    Did you try this? fastboot oem lock before fastboot oem rebootRUU
  12. #12  
    keifusrahn's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    ROM
    [ROM] Dark Rogue.V2.1

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    1. Power down your phone. Turn it back on and boot into Recovery mode. This is a bit different for every phone, so you'll have to Google how to do it for your specific model. Usually it involves holding down another button, like Volume Down, as you turn your phone on. HTC phones will have to then select "Recovery" from a menu, while other phones will boot directly into ClockworkMod. You'll know you're in ClockworkMod by the words "ClockworkMod Recovery" at the top of the screen.
    2. Use your volume keys to navigate the menus, and your power button to select menu items. Scroll down to Advanced, and choose "Wipe Dalvik Cache". When that's finished, go back to the main screen and choose "Wipe Cache Partition". Lastly, head to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset". This will delete all your settings and apps, but you should still be using the correct ROM.
    3. Reboot your phone.

    With any luck, it should boot right into your ROM. If that didn't work, try with the same ROM (or with a different ROM) and see if you get different results.


    if you boot up your phone, it might go straight into the bootloader—check to see whether you can choose "Recovery" from the list before continuing to the next step. HTC phones usually don't boot straight into recovery.
    P

    In this case, you'll want to reflash the ROM from scratch. Try again with the ROM that messed up your phone, if you so choose, but if that doesn't work, try an entirely different ROM. The best way to do this is to download a ROM from somewhere on the net and putting it on your SD card. You'll need to take the SD card out of your phone, and you'll need an SD card reader that you can plug into your computer. Here's how it works:
    P


    1. Plug the SD card into your computer. Drag the ROMs ZIP file to your SD card, and wait for it to copy.
    2. When it's done copying, eject the SD card and put it back in your phone. Reboot into Recovery mode. This is a bit different for every phone, so you'll have to Google how to do it for your specific model. Usually it involves holding down another button, like Volume Down, as you turn your phone on. HTC phones will have to then select "Recovery" from a menu, while other phones will boot directly into ClockworkMod. You'll know you're in ClockworkMod by the words "ClockworkMod Recovery" at the top of the screen.
    3. Use your volume keys to navigate the menus, and your power button to select menu items. Scroll down to "Install ZIP From SD Card" and navigate to the ZIP file you just copied over. Give it time to flash the ROM.
    4. When it's done, reboot your phone.

    Hopefully, your phone should successfully boot into the new ROM. From there, you can probably assume that the previous ROM that messed up your phone isn't going to work, and you'll have to find another ROM for now—or find another copy of that ROM that isn't corrupted. Remember to make backups of your working ROMs so you don't lose all your data!

    HTC phones can flash stock ROMs, known as RUUs, right from the phone's bootloader. You'll need to Google around for your device's specific RUU file, but once you download it, save the ZIP file to your SD card, and rename it (to something like PG05IMG.zip—the download page for the RUU file should specify which filename is required), booting up your phone should automatically flash the stock ROM from HBOOT, HTC's bootloader.
  13. #13  
    keifusrahn's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    ROM
    [ROM] Dark Rogue.V2.1

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    Quote Originally Posted by patgk View Post
    tried that but I could only manage to relock the bootloader with it
    You can try what I posted before this or this guide or my Bootloop/Unbrick Guide "Unbrick is at the bottom of Bootloop Guide. hope it helps. If you still have any trouble P.M me @

    HTC ONE X= http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/325612-guide-htc-one-repair-guide.html


    Bootloop/Unbrick= [GUIDE] [BOOTLOOP RECOVERY] Noob Friendly
  14. #14  
    zorrowaz's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    121 Posts

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    You had to usr a new kernel

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    Quote Originally Posted by keifusrahn View Post
    1. Power down your phone. Turn it back on and boot into Recovery mode. This is a bit different for every phone, so you'll have to Google how to do it for your specific model. Usually it involves holding down another button, like Volume Down, as you turn your phone on. HTC phones will have to then select "Recovery" from a menu, while other phones will boot directly into ClockworkMod. You'll know you're in ClockworkMod by the words "ClockworkMod Recovery" at the top of the screen.
    2. Use your volume keys to navigate the menus, and your power button to select menu items. Scroll down to Advanced, and choose "Wipe Dalvik Cache". When that's finished, go back to the main screen and choose "Wipe Cache Partition". Lastly, head to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset". This will delete all your settings and apps, but you should still be using the correct ROM.
    3. Reboot your phone.

    With any luck, it should boot right into your ROM. If that didn't work, try with the same ROM (or with a different ROM) and see if you get different results.


    if you boot up your phone, it might go straight into the bootloader—check to see whether you can choose "Recovery" from the list before continuing to the next step. HTC phones usually don't boot straight into recovery.
    P

    In this case, you'll want to reflash the ROM from scratch. Try again with the ROM that messed up your phone, if you so choose, but if that doesn't work, try an entirely different ROM. The best way to do this is to download a ROM from somewhere on the net and putting it on your SD card. You'll need to take the SD card out of your phone, and you'll need an SD card reader that you can plug into your computer. Here's how it works:
    P


    1. Plug the SD card into your computer. Drag the ROMs ZIP file to your SD card, and wait for it to copy.
    2. When it's done copying, eject the SD card and put it back in your phone. Reboot into Recovery mode. This is a bit different for every phone, so you'll have to Google how to do it for your specific model. Usually it involves holding down another button, like Volume Down, as you turn your phone on. HTC phones will have to then select "Recovery" from a menu, while other phones will boot directly into ClockworkMod. You'll know you're in ClockworkMod by the words "ClockworkMod Recovery" at the top of the screen.
    3. Use your volume keys to navigate the menus, and your power button to select menu items. Scroll down to "Install ZIP From SD Card" and navigate to the ZIP file you just copied over. Give it time to flash the ROM.
    4. When it's done, reboot your phone.

    Hopefully, your phone should successfully boot into the new ROM. From there, you can probably assume that the previous ROM that messed up your phone isn't going to work, and you'll have to find another ROM for now—or find another copy of that ROM that isn't corrupted. Remember to make backups of your working ROMs so you don't lose all your data!

    HTC phones can flash stock ROMs, known as RUUs, right from the phone's bootloader. You'll need to Google around for your device's specific RUU file, but once you download it, save the ZIP file to your SD card, and rename it (to something like PG05IMG.zip—the download page for the RUU file should specify which filename is required), booting up your phone should automatically flash the stock ROM from HBOOT, HTC's bootloader.
    You cannot insert an ad card in a htc one and I have no back up or anything, I can't even use recovery mode backup. Please help .
  16. #16  

    Default Re: HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

    Quote Originally Posted by keifusrahn View Post
    You can try what I posted before this or this guide or my Bootloop/Unbrick Guide "Unbrick is at the bottom of Bootloop Guide. hope it helps. If you still have any trouble P.M me @

    HTC ONE X= http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/325612-guide-htc-one-repair-guide.html


    Bootloop/Unbrick= [GUIDE] [BOOTLOOP RECOVERY] Noob Friendly
    I am using an htc one not a htc one x

Similar Threads

  1. Where do the Bluetooth tranfered files get stored in a HTC One?
    By Fadina Chikaha in forum Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 01:21 PM
  2. asus me173x problem after os update to 4.2.2
    By stsaxon in forum ASUS MeMO Pad HD7
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 09:36 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 01:34 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 09:32 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2013, 09:28 PM

Posting Permissions

B