HTC Repair Sent Me Broken Phone

Mr Brownstone

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a HTC One M7 bought unlocked from eBuyer

After 2 months the phone wouldn't turn on, scoured the forums did everything possible, in the end sent it in for repair, i was well chuffed when it came back in exactly one week

Turned it on battery was 25% so i plugged it into the charger and... IT DID NOT CHARGE! tried multiple chargers and cables and different computers

You would think they would check these things! did a factory reset all sorts etc ect etc until having to send it in again (today)

RIDICULOUS!

For anyone interested it looked to me like it had a brand new back (camera lens had plastic on along with power button) but the front looked the same (as mine has 2 tiny spec marks) looked like there were some very tiny marks round the edges maybe where they pried it apart

Also something annoying it has always done and was still doing is when you press the keys really fast with haptic feedback on it kind of feels like the glass is rattling, my friend's ONE M7 doesnt do that.

Should i demand a completely new phone?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Mr. Brownstone, I'm sorry for this inconvenience. I know it's a pain but every rose has its thorn. With that said...WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
ha ha ha.. guy buys used phone, sends it in and has an issue then asks if he should demand a "brand new phone".
How about you ask them for a replacement refurbished phone or to double check their work.
You never had a new phone to begin with so why would you ask for a brand new phone?

Mr Brownstone

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Mr. Brownstone, I'm sorry for this inconvenience. I know it's a pain but every rose has its thorn. With that said...WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!

Very good :)

ha ha ha.. guy buys used phone, sends it in and has an issue then asks if he should demand a "brand new phone".
How about you ask them for a replacement refurbished phone or to double check their work.
You never had a new phone to begin with so why would you ask for a brand new phone?

The Phone was Purchased brand new from eBuyer.com at a cost of over ?500 (over $800 USD)

Mr Brownstone

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

where did this guy run off to after not reading what was said in the original question? tech guy? yeah right lmfao!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
where did this guy run off to after not reading what was said in the original question? tech guy? yeah right lmfao!

Are you referring to me? If so elaborate.
The only thing i see is i mistook eBuyer for eBay. So i was thinking it was purchased as a used phone.
However the OP stated he used it for 2 months. So its still a used phone at the time it was sent in.
My original statement is still valid. You sent in a used phone.
Why do you think you deserve a brand new phone when you sent in a used phone?
If you buy a new car from the dealership and it breaks down after a few months do you demand another new car? Nope, as soon as you drive it off the lot its a used car. It automatically depreciates in value. And yes im a tech guy.. :) I have been running a successful iPhone repair company for several years.
Oh wait, why am i validating my self to you. hahahahah :)

Mr Brownstone

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
My original statement is still valid. You sent in a used phone.

How can anyone send in a phone for repair that is not used and why do you feel the need to point that out? that's right you pointed it out because you thought i had purchased a used phone off eBay and decided to gloat for whatever reason i personally have no idea, messiah complex?

(Gloat - dwell on one's own success or another's misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure.)

When you purchase a brand new top of the range smartphone and it breaks after 8 weeks and is returned marked and still broken it is completely acceptable to demand a new phone, your analogy of a car shows a limited mindset, a car having a much higher value than a smartphone makes for a very poor comparison, and calling yourself a tech guy because you have some online venture repairing iPhones also shows this limited mindset which is why you are attempting to justify yourself, it's very easy to repair iPhones, i've been doing it myself for for friends for years with parts on eBay, not exactly rocket science.

However, as an individual who uses his height as his name i wouldn't expect anything less.

And for the record and to prove how very incorrect you are i was sent a brand new phone without requesting it, so next time before you start getting excited about the prospect of belittling someone have a think about your actions.

Cheers.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
WOW you sure put me in my place.. lol golly gee willikers
Its still a used phone. Thats the great thing about these forums. We can all voice our opinions. I voiced mine and still stand by my original statement.
I also still think your wrong in your statement where you expect to be served up a brand new phone. Repaired properly, Yes, refurbished replacement, yes, but brand new. No. You used it for 2 months and you should get a used phone back. So I will explain this for you since you cant seem to comprehend it right.
I was correct in pointing out its a used phone. I also clarified my self when i made the mistake of reading ebay when it was something else but that does not change the fact it was used. Why do i feel the need to point that out? Because you seem to think your obligated to get a New Phone back. Clearly you didnt send in new phone.
Ill answer your other question. How can anyone send in a phone for repair that is not used. Easy, Dead in the box. Cant use it if it was not working in the first place. Its rare but it happens.
What you call gloating is me showing i have experience in the repair field. I have had experience running a Sprint / Nextel service center several years ago and dealt with people like you who think they can bring in a used phone and demand a brand new one.
The analogy of the car vs phone is spot on. Phones loose 20-40% of value as soon as they are used, cars can loose that much as well. The total value of the object is not what was valid, it was the amount of value that is lost. In this case a percentage. So its a good analogy.
For the record, your the one who called me out. My post #4 points out that you sent in a used phone. Your post #8 "where did this guy run off to" "tech guy?" "yeah right" sounds like your now trying to make it personal.
IAmSixNine is awesome.. I had 2 people ask me today how tall i was. I have been asked that my whole life and it makes a great user name. To bad you cant see that, but then coming from Mr. Brownstone i wouldnt expect anything less.. HA HA HA see what i did there..
And for the record, based on your calling me out like you did i find it hard to believe anything you say. Feel free to Gloat "dwell on one's own success or another's misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure" (ha ha ha yeah see what i did there as well ) all you want about how you supposedly got a new phone. I was never belittling you, oh wait, maybe your one of those short people who have little man syndrome and hate tall people, hence why you dont like my user name. :) knew i could make a short joke..
Feel free to attack me all you want but at the end of the day i am very happy where i am in life. :)
Ive helped plenty of people on these forums and will continue to do so with the same attitude and knowledge i gave you.

So bottom line is we can now move on from this thread as the OP got his brand new phone and we both shared witty comments. :)

Lesson is lets agree to disagree and remember these are forums so take comments with a big (or in you case little ) grain of salt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci