Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I cant believe this has happened

I have only had my HTC One 29 days and its had to go back for repair, i was one day over the exchange period, it wont charge using my supplied cable and charger and wouldn't charge in the store with generic cables, however it did charge on the Geek Squad's equipment, i'm really upset, don't know how long it will be, they said up to 28 days

Default Re: I cant believe this has happened

Wow. Do you have a spare phone? I can't be without my phone at all. It's the only one I own for communication.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by bbinder View Post
    Wow. Do you have a spare phone? I can't be without my phone at all. It's the only one I own for communication.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    No i don't have a spare, i can't believe they wouldn't change it being only one day over.....does anyone have any experience of waiting in the UK of a time frame for HTC to return repaired phones?

Lets keep this thread going I would be suprised if HTC doesn't. Monitor these boards

'from beyond the pale'

Quote Originally Posted by poisonivy66 View Post
    I have only had my HTC One 29 days and its had to go back for repair, i was one day over the exchange period, it wont charge using my supplied cable and charger and wouldn't charge in the store with generic cables, however it did charge on the Geek Squad's equipment, i'm really upset, don't know how long it will be, they said up to 28 days
    Did you try different outlets? Did you try charging the phone with it off? Did you power cycle then try charging? Also try charging it at a friends house. Seems to me that if it charged in the store but not at your home, then there is another problem.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    Did you try different outlets? Did you try charging the phone with it off? Did you power cycle then try charging? Also try charging it at a friends house. Seems to me that if it charged in the store but not at your home, then there is another problem.
    I tried different sockets, it only charged in the store on their equipment, it wouldn't charge in store with my cable/charger or a generic one out of the box.....i didn't try it with the phone off and what is a power cycle please?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I know how to do a hard reset on iphone by holding down on/off button and home button, how would i do the same thing on HTC one? it's still in store until Monday so if anyone thinks it would help i would go in and try it....would it help?

I tried different sockets, it only charged in the store on their equipment, it wouldn't charge in store with my cable/charger or a generic one out of the box.....i didn't try it with the phone off and what is a power cycle please?
    Power cycle, turning off then back on again.
    Thanked by:

I know how to do a hard reset on iphone by holding down on/off button and home button, how would i do the same thing on HTC one? it's still in store until Monday so if anyone thinks it would help i would go in and try it....would it help?
    Power off phone, then hold power and volume down till bootloader appears. Select reboot by using volume buttons and power button to select.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I think it would be worth trying the hard reset in the morning before it goes for repair, i was reading through some threads and someone mentioned car mode which rung a bell, i clicked on car mode the other day to see what it was, i cant remember if i was on the stock launcher or Apex, that still doesn't explain it charging on the stores equipment though.

I think it would be worth trying the hard reset in the morning before it goes for repair, i was reading through some threads and someone mentioned car mode which rung a bell, i clicked on car mode the other day to see what it was, i cant remember if i was on the stock launcher or Apex, that still doesn't explain it charging on the stores equipment though.
    I would do a factory reset before sending anyways. Remember to back up your contacts and stuff first. Factory reset is located in settings, backup and reset, then reset. This will reset to factory settings. I would do that first, then try to see if it will charge. If it does, I would restore your apps, contacts and all and still see if it charges. If not, then send that sucker in.

Eh, car mode won't keep it from charging....unless it got stuck somehow but you can clear that out by double tapping home button for recently used apps and swipe away car mode....but I don't think that's the problem.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I would do a factory reset before sending anyways. Remember to back up your contacts and stuff first. Factory reset is located in settings, backup and reset, then reset. This will reset to factory settings. I would do that first, then try to see if it will charge. If it does, I would restore your apps, contacts and all and still see if it charges. If not, then send that sucker in.

Eh, car mode won't keep it from charging....unless it got stuck somehow but you can clear that out by double tapping home button for recently used apps and swipe away car mode....but I don't think that's the problem.
    Ok Gator, i will go in and try the reset, it might clear it if it's a little glitch, i think it's really unfair that they won't exchange it after 29 days, only one day over....store policy they say!

Ok Gator, i will go in and try the reset, it might clear it if it's a little glitch, i think it's really unfair that they won't exchange it after 29 days, only one day over....store policy they say!
    I agree wholeheartedly. One day, for an actual problem should be exchanged for a new one. But it's the same way here in the U.S. except it's 14 days for return or exchange. It's ridiculous.

What can a F reset hurt? You're already sending it in for repair and who knows, it might fix the problem!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I agree wholeheartedly. One day, for an actual problem should be exchanged for a new one. But it's the same way here in the U.S. except it's 14 days for return or exchange. It's ridiculous.

What can a F reset hurt? You're already sending it in for repair and who knows, it might fix the problem!
    Fingers crossed, i'll let you all know how i get on.

Fingers crossed, i'll let you all know how i get on.
    Please do!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Please do!
    Update- i went to the shop and gave them hell but they wouldn't budge on replacing it so i decided to bring it home and take it back tomorrow if i had no luck and guess what? its charging....the battery was completely drained so i don't know if thats a clue, i'm puzzled, what do you think?...i might have spoken too soon, it stopped charging and after pulling out the cable a couple of times it started again it charges for a while then stops, it starts again if i pull out the connector and put it back in.
    Last edited by poisonivy66; 10-20-2013 at 07:07 AM.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

does the charge stop for any reason? i had a little green light flashing when the red charging light went off.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Ok, i did a restore back to factory settings and so far so good, hope i'm not tempting fate though
    Gator352 likes this.

Ok, i did a restore back to factory settings and so far so good, hope i'm not tempting fate though
    Is it charging?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Is it charging?
    Yes, the charge light had gone out again but after the restore it came back on and so far it's stayed on.....damn, it got to 96% and went off.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Its saying please use the supported charger now.....i thought i had got it fixed then
    Last edited by poisonivy66; 10-20-2013 at 09:09 AM.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

I turned off fast boot, turned off the phone and charging it up again.

Maybe it is the charger's problem,look for a charger with real 5V/2A output to charge your phone pls.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by watalee View Post
    Maybe it is the charger's problem,look for a charger with real 5V/2A output to charge your phone pls.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Thank you, i was wondering about getting another charger, are those voltages for the UK too?

The charger that came with the phone is 1.00 a/h 5V
    There is lots of information about problems like this about changing all over the forums.
    There is one that mentions the sensors needing bright illumination before it will change properly.
    Sounds like you're nearly there, good luck, hope you find an answer.

Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast