4.3 Update & FoxFi?

928SC

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I am on Verizon (still on 4.2.2 software, no root). FoxFi works for me (still have unlimited data), but I hear that when you update to 4.3, FoxFi will no longer work.

Can anyone on Sprint/AT&T/T-Mo verify that FoxFi works with the 4.3 software? If it doesn't, I won't be updating.

binsoc

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Verizon as well. Just upgraded to 4.3. Foxfi is working for me as long as I don't hit "cancel" when the warning pops up. Once I hit cancel, it disconnects.

Rich B1

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Well,
I have FoxFi and a Galaxy S3, Android 4.1.2
FoxFi seems to have stopped working. I guessing that when I did the SW upgrade it screwed things up, FoxFi on 4.0.x worked perfect

Now when I launch FoxFi, my WiFi on my S3 gets turned off and I cannot make the connection. I noticed when I had performed the SW update one of the several updated apps that appeared was a new AT&T Smart WiFi. Even though I uninstalled it I think AT&T did something to the WiFi to detect FoxFi access.

I think AT&T is actively pushing denial features down the pipe to prevent this.

So moral of the story is "Don't Upgrade if things are working ducky"

Next stop will be FoxFi support

Rich B1

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Let me give an UPDATE

Seems that power cycling my phone after I uninstalled the AT&T smart WiFi made it work.
Now, it is possible that just power cycling the phone might have cured my issues but I'm not sure.

I just became suspicious of the new Smart WiFi app installed by the SW update.

fred470

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
No foxfi on AT&T 4.3 update! PDanet+ app is not allowed on their network.The app is not on playstore anymore for AT&T. I guess ILL root my phone again!!

Duke007down

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
PdaNet+ is still available. Go into settings and disable mobile data then access the playstore using wifi.

Posted via Android Central App

George West1

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
IT DOESNT WORK AFTER>>> THIS STINKS!!! DONT BELIEVE THOSE THAT SAYS IT DOES. It opos up for a second then goes away . It doesnt allow anyone to connect. It looks like I might have to finally root it. I don't want to lose unlimited data, and want to be able to tether.

928SC

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I received the Verizon 4.3 update yesterday. I asked (on the Verizon sub forum) those that received the update before me to check to see if FoxFi still worked with the update before I downloaded it. They stated that it still worked so I took the plunge. It still works on Verizon phones with 4.3 and Sense 5.0. We are getting 4.4 in January, lets see if it still works then as with Sense 5.5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo