1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A few nooby questions (I'd love help)

Hi all, I have a HTC One and can't help but feel I'm not utilising it properly. Are there different themes that can be downloaded which allow for different graphics (e.g. upon locking, an animation similar to turning off old TVs) / lock screens (e.g. Whatsapp notifications). Also, is there a Tasks app available that makes a to-do list visible on lock screens/wallpaper. I'd like to have my tasks backed up to a server (e.g. Outlook.com/Gmail Tasks) but the widgets that come with the standard Tasks app don't get smaller than 4x4 and I'm after a 2x2 to sit on my home screen.

Talking of the Tasks app, I was just wondering who create these default apps? (i.e. what Android does for an OS and what the phone manufacturer does, e.g. who created the Tasks app that comes with the phone? Android or HTC?). I recently upgraded to Jelly Bean and noticed a completely new look to the phone - did the Sense UI came with that update or whether it was Android's doing?

^^ Please excuse my ignorance because I'm just an average user with a few burning questions!

Default Re: A few nooby questions (I'd love help)

"e.g. upon locking, an animation similar to turning off old TVs" - I use "Screen off and Lock" and it does that. There is a free version and purchase version, I believe you need to the purchase version for some of the effects though.

Quote Originally Posted by BPSQPR View Post
    Hi all, I have a HTC One and can't help but feel I'm not utilising it properly. Are there different themes that can be downloaded which allow for different graphics (e.g. upon locking, an animation similar to turning off old TVs) / lock screens (e.g. Whatsapp notifications). Also, is there a Tasks app available that makes a to-do list visible on lock screens/wallpaper. I'd like to have my tasks backed up to a server (e.g. Outlook.com/Gmail Tasks) but the widgets that come with the standard Tasks app don't get smaller than 4x4 and I'm after a 2x2 to sit on my home screen.

Talking of the Tasks app, I was just wondering who create these default apps? (i.e. what Android does for an OS and what the phone manufacturer does, e.g. who created the Tasks app that comes with the phone? Android or HTC?). I recently upgraded to Jelly Bean and noticed a completely new look to the phone - did the Sense UI came with that update or whether it was Android's doing?

^^ Please excuse my ignorance because I'm just an average user with a few burning questions!
    Most of the apps on the sense rom are developed by HTC. Apps like Google hangout & Google maps etc. Are from Google. Sense 5 or 5.5 on the HTC One is a kind of skin/theme over Google's jellybean. The app drawer, music player, camera, settings/menus etcetera are all HTC's design. There is a version of the htc one that has the clean Google Android version. That's the GooglePlay edition HTC.

I have the TV animation you're talking about. I installed it via xposed after rooting. You cN change the lockscreen by an app via GooglePlay. The app is widgetlocker (don't advise it by the way, sense lockscreen is nice and smooth).

Backing up the tasks on Google can be done by Google's app 'Google Keep'. I don't know if it's possible to back up on outlook or Gmail.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks very much guys; really helpful

So is that Google Play edition of a HTC One effectively a Nexus phone? I'm considering getting a Nexus 5 when it comes out and I presume it won't come with any input from LG other than hardware and the shell of the phone? (i.e. all user interface will be Android).

Quote Originally Posted by BPSQPR View Post
    Thanks very much guys; really helpful

So is that Google Play edition of a HTC One effectively a Nexus phone? I'm considering getting a Nexus 5 when it comes out and I presume it won't come with any input from LG other than hardware and the shell of the phone? (i.e. all user interface will be Android).
    Yes you could see it like a nexus phone bloatware free. The nexus 5 will have a clean version of android kit kat.

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeFreemason View Post
    Yes you could see it like a nexus phone bloatware free. The nexus 5 will have a clean version of android kit kat.

Is there a stock rom link somewhere for the google play edition? Could that be flashed onto my htc one?

Quote Originally Posted by rayndog3 View Post
    Is there a stock rom link somewhere for the google play edition? Could that be flashed onto my htc one?
    There is a way to change your Sense into a GPE but you'll Need to root, s off and flash files on your phone. If you've never done this before it could be difficult.

You could get another launcher via the playstore like nova launcher. This launcher will give you the stock GPE look on your One.

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeFreemason View Post
    There is a way to change your Sense into a GPE but you'll Need to root, s off and flash files on your phone. If you've never done this before it could be difficult.

You could get another launcher via the playstore like nova launcher. This launcher will give you the stock GPE look on your One.

I rooted yesterday. But S is on. I'm using nova now actually. just was curious on the gpe

Quote Originally Posted by rayndog3 View Post
    I rooted yesterday. But S is on. I'm using nova now actually. just was curious on the gpe
    Well If you want to change your whole phone in Stock GPE look at this link:

Using Tapatalk
    Thanked by: