Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Whatever google wants...

Default Google hangouts scrolling issue on the HTC One

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Figured I would throw it out and see if anyone has a fix for it. Since about May my hangout app seems to have gotten a scrolling bug. When a new conversation is started and I type in a new message to someone one, once I press send the message shows. Then that person response and the message shows clearly as it scrolls up. now when I send a follow up message back, it does not auto scroll to that message I sent. If a sent a third follow up message, it auto scrolls to the previous one that was sent, never the newest one. So it is always showing one message behind unless I manually scroll it up to the latest one. When messages are sent to me, they scroll accordingly with no problem. The problem seems to be when they are sent. I have a S3 and Gnex and both do not have this issue, leading me to believe it is not an app issue, but I could be wrong. I thought I would just grin and bear it hoping that a new version would fix the issue, but that has not been the case with the last two updates to the app. Anyone having or had this issue? Those that had it, how have you resolved it? Thanks for the help.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Google hangouts scrolling issue on the HTC One

Hello,

I know there has been varying problems with Google Hangouts as of late. Myself I've had lag issues or updating the conversation to be more specific. Yes I have an HTC One also but I've had this problem on my Nexus 7 tablet too.

Problem comes and goes so it appears to be something going on with the app or in conjunction with Google itself. Hopefully it will get resolved soon
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

You're not the only one. I'm getting that exact same thing on my s4 along with a few others and I've reported it on hangouts bug report. Please see the link here. Would be great if you could also report the same to Google and escalate this bug as much as possible. See link below to report:

Google Groups

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

To answer your question, the first time it was resolved was through an update from hangouts. This worked for me but not for some others as you can see here.

Google Groups

The bug has now returned a 2nd time. My feeling is that it might be to do with fiddling around with the keyboard. Installing/uninstalling keyboards.

I have this problem as well - for a while now. Hangouts just had an update and it's still there. Running stock Android 4.4 on a Nexus 4 and have stuck with the stock keyboard since wiping / installing Kitkat. The Google Groups thread was locked due to inactivity so I've created another. An annoying little bug...

Last Message Typed Hidden Revisited

Having the same issue on my S4. I went into developer options and made sure all animations were on, and set to 0.5. This made the issue disappear...

You're a life savor! That was the fix!

I literally had this problem forever. Thanks chubby22

Quote Originally Posted by chubby22 View Post
    Having the same issue on my S4. I went into developer options and made sure all animations were on, and set to 0.5. This made the issue disappear...

Glad I could help....