Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "touch the android to begin"

Hi I'm new to this post. I have a HTC Nexus One and recently my phone began acting weird: multiple force closures of apps, YouTube and Google. So I opted to do a full factory reset but when the screen came up I could not follow the prompt to set up/personalize my phone. When I go to "touch the android to begin" the process it simply highlights the droid, but does nothing but continually show me the hand directing me to touch the droid. What do I do now? The phone is basically worthless to me. I cannot dial (except 911), see contacts or do anything. Please help me...

Default Re: "touch the android to begin"

That's just a helpful tip....

There should be an X in a circle up in the right hand corner to remove the tip. Then you should be able to continue.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6
    Thanked by:
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

You should be able to hit "Home" a few times to bypass this entirely(If I remember correctly). You just have to setup manually after that.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for responding, but on this screen I do not see a circled X. There is only misc symbols in the top right: signal bars, battery and time display, the droid (center) and a message directly below "Welcome to Nexus One" and below that another message, "Touch the android to begin" and below that in either corner two buttons: Emergency dial (Lft), Change language (Rt). It seems like the screen itself is messed up. Its just not responsive...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    You should be able to hit "Home" a few times to bypass this entirely(If I remember correctly). You just have to setup manually after that.
    Thanks for responding, but on this screen I do not see a circled X or "Home" button. I wish I could post a picture. There is only misc. symbols in the top right: signal bars, battery and time display, the droid (center) and a message directly below "Welcome to Nexus One" and below that another message, "Touch the android to begin" and below that in either corner two buttons: Emergency dial (Lft), Change language (Rt). It seems like the screen itself is messed up. Its just not responsive

Do this....

Turn off the phone. Hold volume down button then press the power button and hold them there. Wait for phone to start to reboot and release buttons. This will do a simulated battery pull to see what comes up and we can go from there.

Let me ask. Did you buy this at a Store or did you get this off someone?
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric House View Post
    Hi I'm new to this post. I have a HTC Nexus One and recently my phone began acting weird: multiple force closures of apps, YouTube and Google. So I opted to do a full factory reset but when the screen came up I could not follow the prompt to set up/personalize my phone. When I go to "touch the android to begin" the process it simply highlights the droid, but does nothing but continually show me the hand directing me to touch the droid. What do I do now? The phone is basically worthless to me. I cannot dial (except 911), see contacts or do anything. Please help me...
    I thought the N1 had a capacitive home button at the bottom....Or are we really talking about the HTC One (Maybe One X/S/V) not the Nexus One?
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

Well this is the wrong forum to start with, and considering he sees the green android I would assume it's a Nexus One and not the HTC One as that one doesn't get AFAIK the green Android, but gets an HTC startup sequence.

On Android 2.x, to skip the startup sequence, you should tap each of the corner of the screens, clockwise, if I remember the trick properly.