Camera issue killing the phone for me

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
they promised a fix with 4.3. it's already been proven the issue is hardware. certain sensors are receiving heat from surrounding areas due to poor QC in sensor placement. it's impossible to fix. if you freeze your phone and shoot some pics, walla, it works properly.

I understand that, what I read is that they know the 4.3 fix didn't work and they are working on another one. I am one of the lucky ones, I love my One and I haven't had any problems at all. My battery life and camera are awesome. I hope that they can resolve the issues that everyone else is having.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Why does everyone keep referring this to 4MP camera. Does anyone read the specs on the phone and understand 4 ultra pixels is equivalent to about 13mp on the s4 shooter.
That's inaccurate. It is a 4 megapixel camera, but the sensor has 2 micron pixels. That's great for low light, but doesn't capture nearly as much data as a standard 8 megapixel camera.

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
That's inaccurate. It is a 4 megapixel camera, but the sensor has 2 micron pixels. That's great for low light, but doesn't capture nearly as much data as a standard 8 megapixel camera.

Thanks! You said what I was gonna say when I read his post lol. If the HTC One had the equivalent of 13 megapixel camera it would actually be a nice camera.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The rear cameras are both 4 mp, yes there are two and both are 4 mp. The resulting equates to the same quality as a 13mp. Look at the pure file size of the pictures

Posted via Android Central App

lldsandsll

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've never taken a bad picture with this phone. I get some people have tinting issues. I play with the saturated once in while but overall this is a cellphone. If you expect dslr quality buy a dslr. Think of the phones 2 years ago and compare those to the worst picture this phone takes. I have 1000 of pictures with this phone and printed them. 90% of them are awesome for a cellphone. Of course my camera blows it away.

this is my 2nd One. i came from sprint with a flawless device, but on my t-mo One, i have tons of issues. the phone is garbage. i showed a lot of images to HTC and they said "your phone came from a defective batch." they then told me i would have to send it back at my expense and be without a device for 3-4 weeks.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why does everyone keep referring this to 4MP camera. Does anyone read the specs on the phone and understand 4 ultra pixels is equivalent to about 13mp on the s4 shooter.

UltraPixel is a marketing term. It is a 4 megapixel camera. They had good reasons for choosing to go this route, but that doesn't change that it is 4 megapixels.

The rear cameras are both 4 mp, yes there are two and both are 4 mp. The resulting equates to the same quality as a 13mp. Look at the pure file size of the pictures

No, it doesn't. It has a single 4 MP sensor.

Thanks! You said what I was gonna say when I read his post lol. If the HTC One had the equivalent of 13 megapixel camera it would actually be a nice camera.

I know some Sony Xperia Z owners who would like to disagree with your assertion that having 13 MP automatically equals the camera being nice.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

It equates to a 4 mp image because that's what it is.

roneill

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
My big problem with the cameras is at concerts. I've been to multiple concerts since I got the phone and the artist always looks like a big bright spot of light. My friends next to me are able to take great pics with their Iphones and S4. I have tried multiple settings and nothing has been able to fix it.

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

That again incorrect. Read any of the article's on this website about the HTC One camera. Its a 4ultrapixle camera. its still only 4 megapixles, but the design with the larger pixels and ability to let in more light allows for better low light pictures

"Though they're direct competitors, the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4 are two very different smartphones. That's especially evident when you look at the way they handle photography. The Galaxy S4 packs a 13-megapixel shooter with f/2.2 aperture, improving upon the 8-megapixel, f/2.6 unit in last year's S3 with the potential to capture even more detailed images. The HTC One trades sheer megapixel count for larger (2-micron) pixels on the sensor itself, allowing for improved low-light capabilities when combined with its wide-angle f/2.0 lens."

Megapixels and Ultrapixels: The Galaxy S4 versus HTC One camera shootout | Android Central

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
My big problem with the cameras is at concerts. I've been to multiple concerts since I got the phone and the artist always looks like a big bright spot of light. My friends next to me are able to take great pics with their Iphones and S4. I have tried multiple settings and nothing has been able to fix it.

Did you try exposure -1 or -2?

Did you use click to focus and click on the singer?

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
from all the pictures i saw in the pic thread i learned that:

1- there's too much yellow on sunny days with people at front of the frame.
2- the 4mp limit.. well it's limiting the crispness, even in the focused area.
3- too many overexposed areas if not being extra careful or using HDR i guess.

and there's the purple tint issue i keep reading and seeing polls suggesting it's a serious problem.

these are the 4 major cons i find that keeping me from deciding getting the device ATM.

also, i get the feeling that some of you here PREFER the ONE's camera over other devices.
i would like to know your reasons (besides the quicker "trigger").

Last edited:

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
That isn't exactly accurate. Just because someone can take a decent picture or two doesn't mean everyone will be able to do the same. It's well documented that the One's camera has strengths and weaknesses. It isn't the best camera in good lighting.

I didn't say the camera was perfect... I just said compare for reference.
But I do find I can take more than "one or two" lucky shots. This is my day (today) with the camera: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/269303-htc-one-camera-pictures-show-us-what-you-got-d-46.html#post3227415

regor60

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Put down the crack pipe

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I didn't say the camera was perfect... I just said compare for reference.
But I do find I can take more than "one or two" lucky shots. This is my day (today) with the camera: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/269303-htc-one-camera-pictures-show-us-what-you-got-d-46.html#post3227415
Yeah, I get it. I was kinda disappointed coming from my iPhone 4s which took better pictures in daylight and had a better resolution. The one's camera is fine, but the gamble of going with a 4mp sensor and banking on the 2 micron mp making up for the fact that it's a 4mp camera didn't pay off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt