View Poll Results: How many of you have a faulty camera?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have a purple/red/pink tint on my camera ):

105 62.50%
  • No problems with my camera.

63 37.50%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?

This really is a big problem. Mine doesnt have any tints when i bought my phone. It was May this year. The tint started to appear after 4-5 months. Now after updating to 4.3 it got worst. Very frustrating. Now if i should have this fix it would cost me approx 250$!! I bought my unit from a grey market, warranty only covers service charges not parts. And even then they have no guarantee that the problem will be permanently fixed.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?

^^^^ let us know

I sent my phone in for a separate issue (always blurry on one half of the image). I also had the purple tint issue. I noted this in a letter I included with the phone when I sent it to HTC for repairs. Hopefully whatever they did also involved fixing the purple tint. The phone should be back from repair on Tuesday. We'll see then how it looks.

The first few months the phone was working perfect ...only after the update I started having the camera problem...Even after the android 4.3 and HTC sense 5.5 updated still have the same problem.

I don't

I think it's very temperature related. My phone is performing a lot better now the weather has got a lot colder.

No issues here and i use my camera often

When you have extreme low light use the night mode.
    It reduces the purple thing quite a lot.

I have the phone for about 4 months now and didn't have the tint until I updated to Android 4.3.
    HTC better fix this.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

I've always had a bit of the purple tint issue in certain low-light conditions. I got this phone in July, I think.

Didn't have any issues before 4.3, now I do.

Got it

Using night mode on mine only makes the purple haze worse.

Quote Originally Posted by raysurrx7 View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm back with the update. So before I sent my device back to HTC, here is the photo I showed everyone.

Attachment 91692

I sent my device back last week and they received it on wednesday. Exactly 1 week I received it back in my hands. It arrived in a nice box.

Attachment 91694

I immediately tested the camera in the same lighting conditions and here are the results:

Attachment 91695

FIXED!!

Here's another photo i took in a pitch black room, and also the screenshot of the phone when laying on a blanket (no light coming through at all)

Attachment 91696Attachment 91697

So it's safe to assume that this is definitely a HARDWARE issue. Maybe a certain production date - production date had bad cameras. The production date of mine was april 2013, in taiwan.
    It's been about a month since you got your phone back, is the camera still working good? Any issues?

Sent from my AT&T HTC One

Don't notice any tint on mine

sent from my stealth black HTC OnE

None here

Quote Originally Posted by mglow View Post
    Using night mode on mine only makes the purple haze worse.

Yes it does I can't take pictures in dark and I can see purple tints everywhere. I also came to know that there is no permanent fix for it but our Mobile can be replaced so I will check it out. If you are located in Asian countries you can replace the camera. If you are in Asia you can check this article - .

I also wanted to check is anyone from California got their HTC One Mobile replaced?

My first HTC One got a bad case of the purple haze, called Telus and got a new replacement phone within my 30 day warranty, free of charge.
    The issue phone is running Android 4.3, the new one is running Android 4.1.2. Now I'm nervous about updating... I've heard some people having issues after they've upgraded.

I'm guessing you can tell which is which below

Never had it. Knock on wood.

None here.

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Just developed the problem tonight

Oh Snap... I finally got around to taking a closer look at this phone's camera/pictures..
    When I first bought the phone back in April the pictures looked great.
    As you can see by the pictures below everything is all purple-ish.

The pictures on the bottom row...
    1 - No Focusing and without Flash
    2 - No Focusing with Flash
    3 - Focusing without Flash
    4 - Focusing with Flash

HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?-purple-tint.jpg

This is unacceptable...

I am on my fourth unit. Original worked fine for about 4-5 months until the purple camera issue started occurring. The next two replacements had the issue out of the box. I immediately returned each and got lucky on the third replacement. My feeling is that this is a hardware issue and those of you waiting for a software update to correct the problem will be disappointed. I was told by HTC that the 4.3 update should correct the issue with my first unit but it didn't. Lay the phone flat with the camera lens covered in a dark room and turn on the camera. Wait a few seconds, the screen should stay black! If you see the purple tint, I would contact your carrier or HTC and insist on a replacement! I refused to pay $600 for a phone with a defective camera! My next phone won't be HTC! (I love it when it is working though).

Same had mine since I got it. Verizon is sending me a new one tomorrow after 2 months of complaining. HTC on the other hand was no help.

I have the same issue as well with my camera. Only in low light does the purple tint show up.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast