HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?

How many of you have a faulty camera?

• Total voters

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Got my phone back from HTC yesterday, and it appears the purple tint is gone! No problems so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

My camera has to be replaced, right? it's just me of that every device been produced has this problem?
the 2 first shots went ok because they had enough light
after that you can see the problem... Some of them with ISO 100 that really didn't changed.. also when there's no enough light the image is distorted, you can understand nothing.no focus, can't take pictues at night...

:)

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

It can be repaired. As I said, mine no longer has the purple tint.

My understanding is that phones with a build date of September 2013 or later have the new and improved camera module, which has better heat shielding to protect it from getting too warm. So if you know the replacement you get is in that batch, you'll probably be ok. I had already gotten a refurbished replacement from Sprint, but it also had the issue.

I think it was just coincidence that the problem began after you got 4.3. It's more a timing issue. After a certain amount of time, the purple tint appears.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
It can be repaired. As I said, mine no longer has the purple tint.

My understanding is that phones with a build date of September 2013 or later have the new and improved camera module, which has better heat shielding to protect it from getting too warm. So if you know the replacement you get is in that batch, you'll probably be ok. I had already gotten a refurbished replacement from Sprint, but it also had the issue.

I think it was just coincidence that the problem began after you got 4.3. It's more a timing issue. After a certain amount of time, the purple tint appears.

I wonder how the photo should be if i haven't got this issue...
I bought at the first of septermber 2013

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I wonder how the photo should be if i haven't got this issue...
I bought at the first of septermber 2013

Best way to check this is to turn on the camera, and then set it down on a bed, or something that covers the lens completely. If it's black, you should be good. If it's purple, you have a problem. This is what mine looks like now :

ny5eqe5a.jpg

Before my repair, it had A LOT of purple in it.

IMjBI

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Sent mine in last week to get the camera fixed, my phone was an early production version as I got it when it was first released (AT&T). Took HTC 1-day to do the repair and 2 days to return ship, I had to use an old backup phone for a week...no biggie.

Before I sent it in, I checked the camera sensor's log file for the version/date info.
-Old sensor info: st vd6869(1.0) cinesensor 2013-04-12
-New sensor info: st vd6869(1.0) cinesensor 2013-11-01

HTC Return packaging...
WP_000006.jpg

I took some before pics to verify so I can do the same pics again when I got the phone back. All I have to say is WOW! See below for the pics. Same lighting conditions with no flash and all camera settings on Auto.

IMAG0681.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0682.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

I do recommend that you call HTC and send it in. It was a 10 min. phone call and done, no questions asked.
Overall, my HTC warranty experience was Excellent!

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I got my phone back 6 days ago, working perfectly. Then I took it to Best Buy to get an Invisible Shield installed. After having them reinstall 3 times due to poor fit, then broke my lens cover:
uploadfromtaptalk1390799492867.jpg

Check out the "professional" installation (after three tries, mind you) :
uploadfromtaptalk1390799564191.jpg

My big mistake was leaving the store without checking the entire device over. They only offered to give me 50% of the deductible to get a replacement through insurance. 😢

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have it too. I've had it since I got the phone, I wish I realized it was a defect and traded it for a new one. I guess now I'll have to send it for repair

Posted via Android Central App

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Best way to check this is to turn on the camera, and then set it down on a bed, or something that covers the lens completely. If it's black, you should be good. If it's purple, you have a problem. This is what mine looks like now :

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/26/ny5eqe5a.jpg

Before my repair, it had A LOT of purple in it.

purple like hell.
sensor 2013-06-03

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I think I would. I absolutely love this phone, and while I've had my share of issues, I think it's worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

IMjBI

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
How do you get the build date for the sensor? HTC told me I have a December build date, but who knows what date my replacement will have.

I use the "ES File Explorer" app
-Click on "/device" at the top and go to the 'sys' folder then 'android_camera' folder and open the sensor file as a text file to get the sensor data.

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone for just under 8 months now. No picture issues what so ever. I've only taken about 1,600 photos. Low light, no flash or with flash; in the complete dark with or without flash; with only a small low light behind, in front, or either sides; bright light and on bright afternoons; moving; still; multiple modes, and positions; with a very cold phone or VERY hot = Not a problem at ALL. I tried to take a picture and video right after three hours of Candy Crush, and looked normal. No blues, reds, purples, yellows, etc...unless they are normally supposed to be there. (For example, if your wearing a purple shirt, it's supposed to look purple, lol). I've actually adjusted settings, the opposite to, what's suggested to help, reduce the issue and still no problems (I did this, as I only discovered the problem as I was reading reviews, and I had to make sure I wasn't just getting lucky). I love my HTC One. Currently have the ATT on 4.3. No issues after that update either.
Ready for the 4.4, and soon the HTC One 2014 (M8) . In case your wondering, no speaker or sound quality issues either. No freezing, crashing, or battery issues even.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to send it in for repairs, but I don't think I can be without a phone for a week, plus I really enjoy the way my phone is set up, and I'd hate to have to re-download and re-customize my home screens again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes