- 9 Posts
HTC One - Unable to unlock - anyone else?
I first purchased my HTC One in May 2013, and bought a $5 unlock code off of eBay and it worked like a charm...unfortunately, my phone proved to be defective and died in July and had to be sent back to the manufacturer for repair.
I ended up getting a new device - obviously my IMEI also changed. Ever since then, I've been unable to unlock from a few different sites as they say my IMEI isn't registered with them. My questions:
- Do all sites used the same backend database?
- Anyone else have this issue?
- Is there any way to get this IMEI registered so it can be unlocked?
The only other way I can think of is getting my carrier to unlock, but they charge $50 for this which I'm trying to avoid.
- 11-05-2013, 09:10 AM #2
- 14,882 Posts
- Milestone 1/Lean Kernel
Re: HTC One - Unable to unlock - anyone else?
I would go with the carrier option to unlock the device.. This way its done legit and it should give you no issues once its properly unlocked.
- By gwhizkids in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 11Last Post: 11-08-2013, 08:26 AM
- By justrelaxing in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 9Last Post: 11-06-2013, 11:58 PM
- By Break2013 in forum LG G2Replies: 7Last Post: 11-05-2013, 11:17 AM
- By aaka3207 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-05-2013, 09:58 AM
- By N4Newbie in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 1Last Post: 11-05-2013, 09:03 AM