Blinkfeed stopped auto-updating. Any suggestions?

shadow536

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have owned my HTC One for over half a year now and am currently running stock 4.3 with Sense 5.0. Over the past week I have noticed that blinkfeed no longer updates in the background. I have it set to auto update over data and wifi, but it won't even auto update while it is connected to wifi and charging. I always have to pull it down to manually update recently. I have tried rebooting and changing the update preferences, but no luck. I really love blinkfeed. So, this is a big issue in my eyes. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have had my HTC One for almost a month now. I could never get Blinkfeed to update on its own. I know this doesn't help you but I just ended up turning Blinkfeed off. Even pulling down on the screen to update it wasn't working.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
When's the last time you did a cold boot of the phone? I don't mean a fast reset. I mean go to Settings>Power and uncheck the Fast Boot box. Then power off the phone (not restart, power off) and wait at least 30 seconds for all internal capacitors to drain. Then power back on. This should clear anything hung or stuck in cache including app timers or scripted app polling routines. This should fix minor app issues short of booting into your base OS menu and wiping all system cache which would be the next step I'd recommend if this doesn't fix your problem.