Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC "TWO" (M8) rumors and other thoughts

hello to everyone here

just signed up to get some info on the current HTC ONE cause i'm considering switching to Android soon from my Iphone 4.

from all the phones i looked into recently (including the N5, G2), i still feel i need a more complete multimedia device (if Iphone would have a bigger screen i might consider, but i'm done with small screens).
    finally i came to the conclusion that ATM the HTC1 generally is the best choice for me. the average camera is an issue but not a deal breaker.

one thing i dig the most is the POTENTIAL of good 120fp slo-mo. the Iphone 5s has a really good usable one (720p), x2 better than the Note 3 fake 720p.
    and from what i checked, the HTC1 also have this option right now, but with very low quality VGA.

i might sell my Iphone 4 and get a used HTC1 for the time being, until i'll see what HTC will do in the freshly rumored M8 or, the next HTC1.
    if all the ingredients will stay the same, and only get stronger and better (yes especially the slo-mo which is a great tool for me) it will definitely be my next buy.

so now i get to my main reason for opening the thread: the HTC "TWO" rumors:

from the little that we have now, it IS in the works, will be stronger of course and will have the Sense 6.0
    i hope it won't disappoint and carry the flag with dignity, adding a much better cam for starters

i would be happy to discuss any deeper slo-mo thoughts, and any new rumors floating around the mysterious M8.
    thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: HTC "TWO" (M8) rumors and other thoughts

bump

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanRom

I think its a little early to be talking about HTC two rumors...

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    BrettAU likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by malikshuman View Post
    I think its a little early to be talking about HTC two rumors...

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    so when will be the right time?

Quote Originally Posted by rozroz View Post
    so when will be the right time?
    Probably around march. They're not going to release a new phone 7 months after they released the htc one. I also think the recent edition of the HTC one max is confirmation that HTC isn't going to be releasing a new phone soon

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

hmmm.. ok. but rumors must come before the phone
    March will be the release date more or less.

Ok, here's a rumor. It will launch with Sense 6.

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Camera is NOT average. It's good.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    Thanked by:
    coronaboy10 and doomstang like this.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Rumors will come when we actually have something to base them off of.

At this point I'm sure we're all hoping that carrier rollout of Kit-Kat and Sense 5.5 are true and about 2 months away. Based on an article I read today HTC is claiming they think they can make more money selling a LOT of cheap, low spec, devices instead of continuing to try to compete in the "flagship" market.

Does this mean there won't be a high-end HTC device to take the greatness of the ONE to the next level? Only time will tell but HTC seems to be staggered a bit by their Q3 loss of revenue even though the ONE was so well received.

I sincerely hope there will be a "Son of a ONE" but I'm willing to bet we won't see it in 2014. I'm also pretty confident I'll still be rocking my ONE when a suitable heir to the throne does arrive right on time for my upgrade. YMMV
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by hodan View Post
    Camera is NOT average. It's good.
    for the life of me, this is something i simply cannot agree with.
    yea i may get the ONE until their next flagship arrive (if..),
    and my reasons will be the nice sound and visually pleasing Sense UI, built quality, etc.
    but it will NOT be because of the camera. that will be the first thing they need to seriously upgrade,
    come on, ii looked through all the pictures thread and although some of theme are nice,
    above average low light handling, i agree,
    BUT the noise and apparent 4mp limit, even if they're ultra, is really bothering. my Iphone 4 give similar results! (except low light of course).
    for example, i went to the G2 or NOTE 3 pictures threads, and the difference is just another world.
    i'm sorry but it's true, and many people avoid the ONE when the camera is a big factor for them.
    IMO they went with the wrong choice of "camera gimmick. they should have got a different sensor.

I would disagree. I have both the one x and one. Those ultra pixels are awesome. I have taken upwards of a thousand shots in various conditions with my one and I would not trade this phone for any other. I am not nocking iPhone, as a lot of my co workers have them, but I have yet to see a stock iPhone surpass the quality of pictures that either of my phones take. In my opinion, htc's ultra pixels is no gimmick. But to each their own.

Sent from my One X using AC Forums mobile app
    coronaboy10, jimbo and hodan like this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver53 View Post
    I would disagree. I have both the one x and one. Those ultra pixels are awesome. I have taken upwards of a thousand shots in various conditions with my one and I would not trade this phone for any other. I am not nocking iPhone, as a lot of my co workers have them, but I have yet to see a stock iPhone surpass the quality of pictures that either of my phones take. In my opinion, htc's ultra pixels is no gimmick. But to each their own.
    i guess when we talk about a phone camera today, you are probably right.
    i was just exaggerating to make the point clear, from what i read.
    but in reality, i think i'll feel ok with this.
    the real reason i started this HTC II rumor thread is finding out if they'll be able to improve their slow motion 120fps quality in the next phone,
    yea too soon to find out i know but i guess it will all depend on the processor. the current slow motion quality is obviously limited to 480P by the snapdragon 600.
    Last edited by rozroz; 11-08-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Get the HTC one and experience Heaven on Earth. You won't know until you try.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
    quicksilver53 likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Emanstone View Post
    Get the HTC one and experience Heaven on Earth. You won't know until you try.
    maybe.
    well, i'm sure soundwise it's heaven on earth... but what else IYO?
    besides, i hope i'll be able to easily ditch IOS for Android, does the Sense UI gives a more pleasant and fluid experience than clean Android?
    i feel it's a bit too basic for me. and i pretty much dislike the touchwiz. feels like useless nonesense thrown up at you.
    and is there an earlier production date that i need to avoid? (read here that earlier models were prone to a bit of problems).

maybe.
    well, i'm sure soundwise it's heaven on earth... but what else IYO?
    besides, i hope i'll be able to easily ditch IOS for Android, does the Sense UI gives a more pleasant and fluid experience than clean Android?
    i feel it's a bit too basic for me. and i pretty much dislike the touchwiz. feels like useless nonesense thrown up at you.
    and is there an earlier production date that i need to avoid? (read here that earlier models were prone to a bit of problems).
    What carrier are you on?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaCool View Post
    What carrier are you on?
    i live in Israel, and on Orange. why do you ask? interesting..

i live in Israel, and on Orange. why do you ask? interesting..
    Well there was a guy on here that was selling his One on Verizon. I was going to tell you about it but, I guess he's not selling it now. Sorry.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaCool View Post
    Well there was a guy on here that was selling his One on Verizon. I was going to tell you about it but, I guess he's not selling it now. Sorry.
    thanks for inquiring
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

he he, yet another rumor
    These may be the first images of the M8, the successor to the HTC One

"...new HTC One is said to feature a Snapdragon 800 processor, 3GB of RAM, and a Full HD display, though it’s all just unsupported rumors so far..."

lol "average camera".

hodan likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
    HTC "TWO" (M8) rumors and other thoughts-1380970110562.jpg
    adriandb likes this.

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

He's serious, to a degree, obviously. The HTC One takes very good pictures for a phone. Coupled with Zoes, Highlights, and the speedy as hell shutter - you can take pictures as fast as you can tap.

Because of the 4mp sensor HTC made themselves an easy target - and I agree that more MP can make a difference. However, the camera is better than all of the new Motos, and is close to - or on par with the S4 and 5s. LG's 13 mp shooter on the G2 is good.

But hey - if you want the BEST camera - go get a Nokia with WP8. Hands down destroys every other camera phone.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    Thanked by:
    quicksilver53 likes this.

Global Posts
    8,809 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

While the One takes really good low light pics, in normal lighting it tends to overexpose the shots. It's very noticeable, nowhere near as good as the iPhone or a GS4/Note 3.
    Even in the low light pictures, when there is a light (like a lamp or streetlight) it creates a lot of noise around that area. Hopefully they can fix this for their M8, whenever it's released...

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by hodan View Post
    He's serious, to a degree, obviously. The HTC One takes very good pictures for a phone. Coupled with Zoes, Highlights, and the speedy as hell shutter - you can take pictures as fast as you can tap.

Because of the 4mp sensor HTC made themselves an easy target - and I agree that more MP can make a difference. However, the camera is better than all of the new Motos, and is close to - or on par with the S4 and 5s. LG's 13 mp shooter on the G2 is good.

But hey - if you want the BEST camera - go get a Nokia with WP8. Hands down destroys every other camera phone.
    it's sound good also for me and i really start to get used to the idea,
    but then people here tell me that many devices have the purple tint of death in low light, and this is simply not acceptable for me...
    as i said in another thread, i shoot in low light a lot.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast