Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default people who complain about the camera..

    have you ever noticed they have failed time and again to produce a single photo as evidence for their discontent?


    i *have* seen purple tint shown in my screen under specific circumstances in dim areas where the light is directed a certain way... so i know where these people are coming from.

    but i take pictures - lots of them. in dark conditions, and in light conditions.

    most recently over the past weekend i spend the day at the park with a friend who owns an iP 5 and we both took pictures in broad daylight. i compared them on my computer and yet again i have failed to see what the fuss is about. my photos came much better than his. i have also taken pictures in dark conditions and they were the envy of everyone present there.



    so what is the problem with these people? do some always need something to whine about?

    sometimes i wonder they just sit at home analysing their phone under a microscope to find anything wrong with it... but do they actually use it?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: people who complain about the camera..

    Quote Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
    have you ever noticed they have failed time and again to produce a single photo as evidence for their discontent?


    i *have* seen purple tint shown in my screen under specific circumstances in dim areas where the light is directed a certain way... so i know where these people are coming from.

    but i take pictures - lots of them. in dark conditions, and in light conditions.

    most recently over the past weekend i spend the day at the park with a friend who owns an iP 5 and we both took pictures in broad daylight. i compared them on my computer and yet again i have failed to see what the fuss is about. my photos came much better than his. i have also taken pictures in dark conditions and they were the envy of everyone present there.



    so what is the problem with these people? do some always need something to whine about?

    sometimes i wonder they just sit at home analysing their phone under a microscope to find anything wrong with it... but do they actually use it?
    Certain models of the HTC one do indeed have a faulty camera. Especially the first models. Look at the picture I took. This One is from April 2013.


    Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  3. #3  

    Default Re: people who complain about the camera..

    Quote Originally Posted by LeFreemason View Post
    Certain models of the HTC one do indeed have a faulty camera. Especially the first models. Look at the picture I took. This One is from April 2013.


    Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk


    Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: people who complain about the camera..

    Quote Originally Posted by LeFreemason View Post
    Certain models of the HTC one do indeed have a faulty camera. Especially the first models. Look at the picture I took. This One is from April 2013.


    Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk
    ya but this is not what they are usually talking about.


    if your camera produces this photo you don't go to the forums, you go straight to your local shop for a replacement.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: people who complain about the camera..

    Everything is opinion based. To you, the HTC one could have a great camera. To others, it could be lacking relative to other phones. I mean picture this: you buy any other phone and you start playing music on the speakers. Chances are you're going to think they suck because you just went from an HTC. However to those for example who bought an s4, the sound quality might be great to them. I have had an s4 and an iPhone 4s and I will say that the iPhone was a camera that I could almost always trust to take a decent photo. Nothing fancy buy gets the job done. The s4 had a pretty good camera but I hated how it stuck out. The HTC one has a decent camera as well but I think it sometimes lacks especially when trying to zoom. The pink tint is so annoying though and if I had to pick a winner of the 3i would pick iPhone 4s just because it's consistent and I can trust it.

    I went to a pistons game and I was sitting on the 2nd tier and I recorded during the introductions. I was so disappointed it came out pink but other than that it was actually pretty good. It needed a couple extra touches to focus but nothing to bad.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: people who complain about the camera..

    Quote Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
    ya but this is not what they are usually talking about.


    if your camera produces this photo you don't go to the forums, you go straight to your local shop for a replacement.
    Haha I'm not going to the forums with this 'issue'. Just wanted to show you that there are issues with the camera in the HTC One and people are not over reacting with their complaints. I really won't bother trying to get a replacement because I'm not really using it at dark environments. The camera is sufficient for me when I need it.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default Re: people who complain about the camera..

    I have no problem with low light photos and have tried to force the "purple" condition due to it getting so much attention but my ONE seems to have avoided this dreaded curse. Oddly enough I haven't heard many complaints about an issue I found to be a bit annoying. If I take pictures in bright sunlight where the sun is behind my subject and therefore shining at the lens the pictures are WAY over-exposed and washed out. It's like the low-light capabilities of the CCD work against the camera when there is extremely bright light. This only occurs in Normal or Zoe mode. In HDR the camera compensates for the light saturation much better.

    I don't take a lot of pictures with my phone, I treat it more as a "at least you had a camera handy so you didn't miss the photo op" thing. I'm sorry to say it but I still see all phone cameras as being at worst, toys, and at best, objects of convenience rather than being practical for any serious photography or video shooting.

    Zoe's are kind of neat and being able to whip my phone out of my holster and catch the pets or kids in the act of doing something picture-worthy is a big plus but I'm not going to rely on my phone to capture memories of an exotic vacation, etc. I'll still be carrying a real camera with a real lens (or 2) and a real optical zoom and a large CCD and a real Digital Processor (which of course now makes me a peasant in the eyes of the purists who will only use an SLR and consider anything digital to be a "country cousin" to real photography). LOL
  8. #8  

    Default Re: people who complain about the camera..

    Quote Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
    have you ever noticed they have failed time and again to produce a single photo as evidence for their discontent?


    i *have* seen purple tint shown in my screen under specific circumstances in dim areas where the light is directed a certain way... so i know where these people are coming from.

    but i take pictures - lots of them. in dark conditions, and in light conditions.

    most recently over the past weekend i spend the day at the park with a friend who owns an iP 5 and we both took pictures in broad daylight. i compared them on my computer and yet again i have failed to see what the fuss is about. my photos came much better than his. i have also taken pictures in dark conditions and they were the envy of everyone present there.



    so what is the problem with these people? do some always need something to whine about?

    sometimes i wonder they just sit at home analysing their phone under a microscope to find anything wrong with it... but do they actually use it?
    Do they actually use it? Yeah.. Most found the issue by taking pictures in low light and said.. Wait.. That doesn't look right.

    Some have the purple picture issues.. Some don't. My HTC One had the issue in very dark areas. I have a picture but it's not appropriate (the content) to post. But as posted above the user showed his purple camera.

    So it's been shown to be some... Just not ALL.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Similar Threads

  1. so no slow motion in the G2 whatsoever?
    By rozroz in forum LG G2
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-21-2014, 04:42 PM
  2. Anyone else having the nexus 7 starting to lag?
    By RavenSword in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 02:46 PM
  3. Where's the privacy?
    By nexus555 in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-13-2013, 03:55 PM
  4. Your welcome people..... ;)
    By jeepzilla in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 11:35 AM
  5. Motorola assist in the car
    By zobog in forum Moto X
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

B