Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 2 Post By TWC42
  • 2 Post By hodan
  • 2 Post By Simon Divito
  • 1 Post By Simon Divito
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb HTC One Battery Life

Hello guys , I'm from Malaysia and it's still my first week with the phone and it's really good but I'm concerned about the battery life.
    I was surfing twitter and texting and the battery drops 1% every 2 - 3 minutes . Is this normal?
    PS: I had the power saver feature turned on and downloaded an app called easy battery saver .

Default Re: HTC One Battery Life

What is your brightness set at? Auto or custom setting? Do you use Wi-Fi or 3G the majority of the time? What is your screen time out set at? How often do your apps sync?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Wifi was on , auto brightness and I closed the auto sync. Screen time out I set it for 10 minutes.

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

1% every 2-3 minutes while using the screen is normal. That's about 300 minutes of screen time or 5 hours for 100% Really good for today's standards, very few get around that or more

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by UJ95x; 11-09-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
    mpanju7 likes this.

Auto brightness is a known battery hog. Try a custom setting. As UJ95x said, screen on time is great. Also try putting the screeno off time to a lower setting like 1 min or something.

One trick I learned recently (don't know if it's obvious to everyone) is to double click on the home button every once in a while and you will see up to nine open apps. 'Flick them off the screen to close them completely. Been doing that recently, and without specific testing, it seems to me that it saves a noticeable amount of battery power.
    Xsie and luiscuevas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TWC42 View Post
    One trick I learned recently (don't know if it's obvious to everyone) is to double click on the home button every once in a while and you will see up to nine open apps. 'Flick them off the screen to close them completely. Been doing that recently, and without specific testing, it seems to me that it saves a noticeable amount of battery power.
    This isn't necessarily the best idea. You should get better battery life by letting the OS manager your RAM usage.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

so my battery life is normal? okay thanks guys

I think the battery life on my HTC one is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Hou Yao View Post
    so my battery life is normal? okay thanks guys
    Use Battery Guru by Snapdragon as your power management app.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I found battery guru to be the main drain, it was the most active app for constantly waking the phone..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    mpanju7 and mugenlude19 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TWC42 View Post
    I have seen a couple people say to click the home button twice to show open apps. I am on 4.3 with Sprint and when I click my home button twice nothing happens. If I hold the home button down I get Google Now. But nothing if I click home twice.

Quote Originally Posted by ram1220 View Post
    I have seen a couple people say to click the home button twice to show open apps. I am on 4.3 with Sprint and when I click my home button twice nothing happens. If I hold the home button down I get Google Now. But nothing if I click home twice.
    Go to settings display and gesture buttons and look for home double click speed mines set to normal.

I can never get more than 2hrs screen on time.

Posted via HTC One on their cool app

Quote Originally Posted by blessedred View Post

Try adjusting your settings to make the most of battery life without compromising the intended purpose of the phone. I found deleting 'battery saving apps' and configuring things myself I have greatly increased battery life.
    This is my current reading the average was pre tweaking and I expect it to increase this week coming.

Last edited by Simon Divito; 11-10-2013 at 04:58 PM.

+1 for the battery guru

What? After it was done learning? My battery lasts longer now than before.

Quote Originally Posted by blessedred View Post

Then you've got a hardware issue - or you're gaming for 2 hours straight.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Kessen Sverdrup View Post
    What? After it was done learning? My battery lasts longer now than before.
    Yes after learning install wake lock detector on mine it was constantly waking the phone, all it does anyway is stuff you can do yourself so no great loss. Most battery saving apps do more harm than good IMHO

rayndog3 likes this.

I totally agree but not regarding this one. It may do things I might do myself but it automatically turning off wifi when I leave home and back on again when I get to school is a pretty nice thing, turning off data/wifi/misc. when I get very low on battery and so on. When it doesn't work for you it obviously isn't useful but it works for me.

After the update to 4.3 i see a drain in battery life but i fkind the bug I think...is In location services. I saw that the main problem is Google services that waking my device every time.Try to disable Wi-Fi and mobile network location...and problem is fixed...let the GPS on and give it a try....hope that was useful for you...

The only significant battery drain i get is when playing Candy Crush!

How do you get the screen consume only 8% of the battery with almost 2 hrs screen time? on mine that would have been 30 to 40%.