Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dareme103
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem watching embedded youtube videos in stock browser

This is only a problem in the stock browser. When I hit the play button the video starts to load but never plays and then just shows the replay screen/related videos screen that usually comes up after watching a video. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Default Re: Problem watching embedded youtube videos in stock browser

I'm having the same issue. Sorry I'm no help, but I'm interested in a solution as well.

Posted via Android Central App

I have the same issue. In all the browsers. Stock, Boat, and Chrome. Hope someone can give some insight.

Did you go into the settings in the stock browser (upper right, three vertical dots) and check mark to enable flash? I found it was off by default.
    quicksilver53 likes this.

Same problem here w stock browser

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

They've stopped support for flash in Android. Try using FlashFox and see if that works.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Yes, but the embedded YouTube videos play just fine in Chrome but not in the native browser.

I would check the settings as dareme suggested, especially if it's just the stock browser. And yes they have stopped supporting Flash but you can still have it and use it. Any quick Google for flash APK on android will bring a few sites to download it from. Also there is a YouTube video that steps you through it and offers a link to the APK.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

I am gonna say it again
    Yes, but the embedded YouTube videos play just fine in Chrome but not in the native browser.
    There are some articles that have YouTube videos embedded to show something or other , those are what we are talking about.
    I enabled the Flash player and the video will still not play IN THE NATIVE BROWSER but will play IN CHROME.

Quote Originally Posted by morami View Post
    I am gonna say it again
    There are some articles that have YouTube videos embedded to show something or other , those are what we are talking about.
    I enabled the Flash player and the video will still not play IN THE NATIVE BROWSER but will play IN CHROME.
    You may just need to use Chrome or another browser from now on. If it isn't the flash problem I don't know what it is but I haven't had great times with the stock browser (been a while since I used it though).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Here's a workaround, when you are on the page with the embedded YouTube video, hit the settings and switch to View in Desktop Mode and after the page reloads, the video will play.
    I hope you get what I'm saying. Good luck!

Thanked by: