Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking Is it too late to get one?

Hey everyone i'm new to the htc one forums. I'm planning on selling my s4 for an htc one but i want to know is it too late? Is the htc one getting old already or is it still future proof? I know it's powerful but 'd like to hear people's opinions on the phone! Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Is it too late to get one?

Bought it and love it. Still a great choice

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

At this point I'd give money towards the lg g2 or Nexus 5. The HTC One is fast, looks beautiful and all that stuff, but after months with it I feel like a change of pace is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by LindtChocolate View Post
    At this point I'd give money towards the lg g2 or Nexus 5. The HTC One is fast, looks beautiful and all that stuff, but after months with it I feel like a change of pace is needed.

so your advice is: "its a great phone all around but don't get it because i got bored with mine?"

I would look at more phones the nexus 5 LGG2 Sony take a look before you jump in the HTC one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Nexus all the way..

It's still worth considering. HTC has already promised Android 4.4 KitKat within 3 months or sooner to the US carrier market. So that being said it's still a good choice.

As others have stated you can give a good look at the of LG G2, Moto X or Nexus 5.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

roflwaffleton likes this.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I have a Snapdragon 600, and after using the Snapdragon 800 I would not recommend getting anything but. Might as well, they are the same price and definitely more future proof, the 800 supports always listening voice control that could be added to Android later, while the 600 does not. Get the Nexus 5, LG G2, or Gnote 3.

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abbott View Post
    I have a Snapdragon 600, and after using the Snapdragon 800 I would not recommend getting anything but. Might as well, they are the same price and definitely more future proof, the 800 supports always listening voice control that could be added to Android later, while the 600 does not. Get the Nexus 5, LG G2, or Gnote 3.
    I own an htc one, moto x, and nexus 5. I'm a geek and love 1080p displays and quad core CPUs just as much as the next geek. However there are many factors, in my opinion, that you need to consider when judging a Device. Build quality , display, sound, camera, software optimizations, custom features, etc.

I feel the htc one is hands down the best media consumption Device out. Record breaking pixel density, amazing dual stereo front facing speakers, and an amazing build quality and feel.

That said if I had to only keep one it would be the MotoX. Amazing form factor , buttery smooth, obvious software optimizations, and a unique feature set. Active display / notifications are amazing. As is touchless control. The almost non existent side bezels combined with its very unique design and you have a solid phone that fits great in/the hand. Also has the best quality speakerphone I have used. It also runs chrome faster than any quad core phone on the market.

However the htc one is still also a fantastic device and I would not hesitate buying one even at this point with the other Devices on the market.

It really depends a lot on what your needs are, and what you Use the phone for the most.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by ne0ne View Post
    I own an htc one, moto x, and nexus 5.
    And a nexus 7 as well... Why do you own so many phones?

Great phone with amazing screen and uncomparable speakers. The price has dipped quite a bit and HTC promises updates. The snapdragon 800 chip phones are worth considering but when it comes to speakers, no phone can compare to the HTC One's.
    ram1220 likes this.

so some of you say snapdragon 800 is must, some of you say software optimimization is worth the ONE..
    so what wins here??

I would go with the One. I have had mine since April and have no plan of going with the N5. HTC has created what I consider the best phone on the market.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    ram1220 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver53 View Post
    I would go with the One. I have had mine since April and have no plan of going with the N5. HTC has created what I consider the best phone on the market.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    in this case, how do you watch all the missing codecs of various movies? what player do you use?

I was initially wanting the g2vbut it went from free to 100 bucks and HTC one was free so I got it. Not regretting it as I can turn it into ge with kitkat or wait for sense kitkat. Idk how the g2 does with signal acquisition but the one is excellent pulling in a much more usable signal than my old gs3 lte

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by rozroz View Post
    in this case, how do you watch all the missing codecs of various movies? what player do you use?
    What missing codecs?

Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    What missing codecs?
    dunno, i read a lot of reviews about HTC one's native player having difficulties playing some formats, or missing various codecs (movies, videos)

I've never had an issue but if I convert movies to play on my phone they are mp4 which just about anything can play. Never had an issue playing any downloaded videos either. There are plenty of video players in the Play Store though, I can't recommend one though since I have never needed to install one.

Mx player plays any video I throw at it and it also has a codec pack available to download.

I look at it like this. If you wait a few months because something better is coming out, something even newer/faster will be coming out a few months after that. You could get stuck in that cycle. If you get a phone that's one of the best on the market right now, it'll be capable of doing whatever you need for quite a while. If you're one of those people that has to get a new phone every time something new comes out, you'll end up replacing it anyway. If you're somebody, like me, that tends to use one for quite a while then the One should fill that purpose quite well.

I'd get an LG G2. If I could choose now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Clark View Post
    I'd get an LG G2. If I could choose now.
    only because of the stronger hardware? what else?

The damn thing just came out! How would it be too old?

iPhone4->4s->5->Nexus 4->HTC One->HTC One GPE

Quote Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
    so your advice is: "its a great phone all around but don't get it because i got bored with mine?"
    Oh yeah, let me go ahead and add that the phone is riddled with little bugs ever since 4.3, the manufacturer is in a rut at the moment, and you'll get an overall better stock experience through the N5 or LG G2. Is that what you wanted? The phone is old, that's what I was getting at.

Pfftt.... Why do people always needs others to tell them what is best for them. Me the One is the best overall phone for me. There I said it, it's the best for me.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kdroid View Post
    Pfftt.... Why do people always needs others to tell them what is best for them. Me the One is the best overall phone for me. There I said it, it's the best for me.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    Probably because there's no shortage of people who try to pass their opinion off as gospel truth.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    coronaboy10 and garyft like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast