Coloring device

Simoo

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
If you were to buy you the htc One...
Which color would you choose? black, silver, red or blue?

images (1).jpg htc-one-black.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg blue-htc-one1.jpg
...This is ******* question!!! :D :D

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Black. Black, black, black.

However, the reason I don't have an HTC One is that the anodization wears off. I've seen a bunch of non-silver HTC One's in the store where the anodization has worn off on the edges leaving bare naked silver to show. To me, that looks awful. I'm not sure how Apple's process is different but you don't ever see anything like that on a black/space grey iPhone. That kind of quality issue is a deal breaker for me.

Simon Divito

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Have you experienced any of what I've posted above?

No signs of any wear, albeit I keep it in leicke case most of the time. I think store phones aren't a true comparrison to wear as people are heavy handed when it's just a display model. Like anything look after it and it will stay looking good. Same applies to women 😁

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

dhewie84

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
If this phone really is anodized, it should not wear off. Anodizing bonds with metal. Much like staining wood, it goes deep into the metal. I'm guessing the edge wear was probably from the phone being dropped or else it's not really anodized.

FWIW, I have the blue. It looks awesome.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
On topic;
I would probably choose the blue or red, even though I keep it in a case most of the time just because 6 years or so ago every thing was silver, then lately everything has been black. The trends seem to go back and forth between the two. It's time for some new colors to be injected into the mix from manufactures and not case companies.

I have a silver one from Big Red from before they released the blue.

Prediction;
In 3 to 4 years we'll be custom ordering phones like you build a pc, and colored cases will be a choice. Battery options will still suck.

Off topic;
Like anything look after it and it will stay looking good. Same applies to women ��

The same applies to most girlfriends and not so many wives. That ring changes everything. It's like a TV camera.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
They look nice. I like the black, then silver, then red much better than the blue. I just do worry about how that anodization will hold up long term, even in a case. Like I said before, I've never seen a black or silver iPhone with the color wearing off.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Blue is one of my favorite colors but I prefer a much darker shade than they chose. They're still awesome phones, I almost auditioned one.

G Pad 8.3

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the silver one, but would have gotten the red one if it were available then.

Sent from my sexy HTC One

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not an engineer but I wonder how HTC could have prevented that. Deeper anodization? An actual coloring of the metal (iPhone-like?). Little things like that wearing off of the anodization really really really-really really bother me. I know, I have issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463