1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google play services killed 75% of my battery in 8 hours while i was sleeping?

So i just got a HTC One 3 days ago. My battery life has been AMAZING. But yesterday my play store updated and my google now updated. Play store is running 4.4.21. I also put the google experience launcher on there from phandroids video. I unplugged my phone last night and when i went to bed i had 80% 8 hours later i woke up and had 9%. Gsam battery monitor said Google play services? I took off the launcher but now i am stuck with the google now up date and the play store update. i also started using google hangouts. I tried uninstalling the play store update but then google hangouts won't work. Any ideas on what could have caused this? The phone is plugged in charging now so i have been through a days use since this happened but i am just a little worried because that is one of the main things that i was worried about before i got the phone was battery life! All help is greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Google play services killed 75% of my battery in 8 hours while i was sleeping?

The Google services is using your battery happens with my sprint HTC one.
    I uninstalled hangouts, Google now , then uninstalled updates for the play store.
    After that I got my battery life back and now its normal again.

Default Re: Google play services killed 75% of my battery in 8 hours while i was sleeping?

I'm having the same issue today and I read in Android Police that Its happening to a lot of people.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader13 View Post

I'm having the same issue today and I read in Android Police that Its happening to a lot of people.

may i ask what's the app you're using? ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by rozroz View Post
    may i ask what's the app you're using? ^^^^
    Thats the built in battery meter in Android. I have an S4.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader13 View Post
    Thats the built in battery meter in Android. I have an S4.

so what r u doing on the HTC ONE forum?

Haha my bad. Sorry guys