Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JbWejman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One - Missing Labels/Names For Icons/Buttons

Has anybody else got this issue? It started randomly about 3 days ago. No idea what triggered it.

The words that are usually over the icons in the gallery and the email app and other places on the system are being cut short or turning into ".." randomly. Sometime its sorts itself out and sometimes it stays like that.

Hard to explain so I've attached some screentshots.

HTC One - Missing Labels/Names For Icons/Buttons-2013-11-23-10.02.02.jpg
    HTC One - Missing Labels/Names For Icons/Buttons-2013-11-23-10.02.20.jpg
    HTC One - Missing Labels/Names For Icons/Buttons-2013-11-23-10.07.20.jpg

Any ideas what is causing this and how I can fix it. Its pretty annoying.

Default Re: HTC One - Missing Labels/Names For Icons/Buttons

Hello,

Any chance you changed the FONT size under Settings/Display, gestures & buttons/
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No. I didn't change any settings leading up to this. It just happened randomly.

I've double checked the font size and even tried switching between them all and it still happens.

HTC One - Missing Labels/Names For Icons/Buttons-2013-11-23-14.36.16.jpgHTC One - Missing Labels/Names For Icons/Buttons-2013-11-23-14.36.45.jpg
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My GF has a HTC ONE so I've been comparing mine to hers and our settings are identical apart from ringtones and what not. I can't figure out why mine has this glitch and hers doesnt. In fact, nobody on here seems to have it either. What the hell?

When was the last time you rebooted the phone? I had a minor glitch the other day where no amount of clicking on my contacts would dial the phone like it was supposed to. Rebooted and all is fine now. I hadn't rebooted in almost over 3 weeks.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by ram1220 View Post
    When was the last time you rebooted the phone? I had a minor glitch the other day where no amount of clicking on my contacts would dial the phone like it was supposed to. Rebooted and all is fine now. I hadn't rebooted in almost over 3 weeks.
    I've rebooted it 4 times today.

Worse comes to worse you could make sure all your Gmail related stuff is sync'd and then use Helium from the Play Store to backup your apps /data. Then preform a factory reset.

Sent from my awesome HTC One using Tapatalk.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Worse comes to worse you could make sure all your Gmail related stuff is sync'd and then use Helium from the Play Store to backup your apps /data. Then preform a factory reset.

Yeah, it's looking like the most likely option. I'm just trying to understand what's caused it. I don't want to go through all the hassle of a reset only to get it again.

The weird thing is, I've googled the **** out of this and nobody else seems to have had it. I can't be alone, surely.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yeah I understand your frustrations with this. Just one of those 1 in a million things I guess...

GREMLINS!

Paul

Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I've still got this issue and I never bothered to do the factory reset. I'm kinda hanging around for kit Kat to see if the update will fix it. Just wondered if anybody else might have any ideas on this again?

Hi !
    My name is Jb, i'm french. And I just get the same problem on my htc One ! I don't know why, I didn't install problematic apps, I didn't hack my phone. So, I hope somebody has a solution ! Thanks !
    Thanked by:
    -Scienide- likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by JbWejman View Post
    Hi !
    My name is Jb, i'm frenc. And I just get the same problem on my htc One ! I don't know why, I didn't install problematic apps, I didn't hack my phone. So, I hope somebody has a solution ! Thanks !
    Let me know if you ever do a factory reset and it fixes it. I'm holding out for the 4.4 update to see if it might sort itself out.

No reset for the moment, me too i'm waiting an update...
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Well, the update didn't fix it.

Hard Reset?

Posted via VzW HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by mugenlude19 View Post
    Hard Reset?

Posted via VzW HTC One
    Not for the moment, no time! :b but if it continues I will do it
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Well, I couldn't take it anymore. I did a full reset yesterday. That fixed it.

Great ! So I will do a hard reset in some weeks, I have to rtansfer all my data before Thanks !
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Well, I had a nightmare with mine. My HTC backup vanished. Luckily I used an app called Helium as well so that backup worked. All sorted now.

Quote Originally Posted by -Scienide- View Post
    Well, I had a nightmare with mine. My HTC backup vanished. Luckily I used an app called Helium as well so that backup worked. All sorted now.

Thanks for the advice ! So, I think you we can close this thread. Have fun and enjoy your htc one ! See ya !