Anyone use/tried Dynamic Notifications app for the One?

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone used or tried the Dynamic Notifications app for the One? It suppose to give you some what like features like the Moto X which seems useful but just wondering how well it works an how much of a battery drainer it is. Thanks!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone used or tried the Dynamic Notifications app for the One? It suppose to give you some what like features like the Moto X which seems useful but just wondering how well it works an how much of a battery drainer it is. Thanks!
I haven't used it on the One but when I tried it out on my phone it wasn't very good. When you unlock your phone it's supposed to go straight to the dynamic notifications lockscreen but it would almost always go to your default lockscreen and after a few seconds, switch over to the dynamic one
That was a few months ago, not sure how much they improved it :p

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used it on the One but when I tried it out on my phone it wasn't very good. When you unlock your phone it's supposed to go straight to the dynamic notifications lockscreen but it would almost always go to your default lockscreen and after a few seconds, switch over to the dynamic one
That was a few months ago, not sure how much they improved it :p

Oh ok gotcha. How was the battery drain on it?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm using it on my One and love it. The battery drain is only pulling 2% and has no issues. It is a lot like the motor x. And you can set up the screen which ever you want. It gives you the option to unlock to home screen, dismiss or take you right yo the app you got the notification for. It's not supposed to take you to the dynamic notification screen like above was mentioned. It also shows the picture and email of the notification without even unlocking your phone completely. I love it. You have to shut off message pop ups if you are using a messaging app for it to work. You can customize colors too.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
This is a sample on the test screen..

Attachments

• 1385503409963.jpg
    1385503409963.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 89

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Alright im going to try it out for a day or so an see how it goes. By the way when downloading from the play store, you know how it shows what the app collects like it saves your text,contacts,collects info etc etc? Well is it ok for them to do that or safe atleast? I know each app shows it collects certain things but wasnt sure exactly if i should download or not. Its my first time using the play store.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Alright im going to try it out for a day or so an see how it goes. By the way when downloading from the play store, you know how it shows what the app collects like it saves your text,contacts,collects info etc etc? Well is it ok for them to do that or safe atleast? I know each app shows it collects certain things but wasnt sure exactly if i should download or not. Its my first time using the play store.

It's safe.. A lot of them say that. Been using it for a month now. No problems. It will take more then a day or 2 to get used to it. Make sure in dynamic notification settings, select advanced appearance and you can change some more stuff. . Let me knew how you like it..

garyf33

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had it on my One for awhile now and love it, doesn't use much battery at all and also agree it will take more than a day or two to get used to it.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Another thumbs up here - been using it for months, its brilliant. Worth buying it too so you get the advanced features. Set up correctly, battery drain is kept to a minimum.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I like it so far. Havent bought the full version yet. Are you guys using the ''breathing'' notifications on it as well? Oh an for some reason when i get a text it doesnt let me preview it ,it just says ''messages''.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I like it so far. Havent bought the full version yet. Are you guys using the ''breathing'' notifications on it as well? Oh an for some reason when i get a text it doesnt let me preview it ,it just says ''messages''.

Where did you find breathing notifications? Also go into appearance options and then advanced. See if you checked show picture icon etc. This might be it. Mine shows the text preview if you hold on the text icon before fulky unlocking the phone.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Where did you find breathing notifications? Also go into appearance options and then advanced. See if you checked show picture icon etc. This might be it. Mine shows the text preview if you hold on the text icon before fulky unlocking the phone.

Under premium features. I cant use it cause im still using the free version. Ok ill try that selection you mentioned an see if it works.

edit: yeah its selected an still doesnt show. I press the envelope in the middle an up top it just says messages an the time of the message underneath it.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Under premium features. I cant use it cause im still using the free version. Ok ill try that selection you mentioned an see if it works.

edit: yeah its selected an still doesnt show. I press the envelope in the middle an up top it just says messages an the time of the message underneath it.

Ok. I'll have to check mine again and see. I swear I get a message preview.. I'm still using the free version also. What messaging app see you using? I'm using Chomp SMS. A lot of settings in there I had to tweak. Might be in there also. I'll have my wife send a message and recheck.
Edit. OK my wife just sent me a text with my phone locked. When I long press on the text icon, her face appears, along with the message she sent. But above all that in the to left corner it says Chomp SMS. So it might be my messaging app doing it. Try a secondary messaging app. Let me know bud.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I'll have to check mine again and see. I swear I get a message preview.. I'm still using the free version also. What messaging app see you using? I'm using Chomp SMS. A lot of settings in there I had to tweak. Might be in there also. I'll have my wife send a message and recheck.
Edit. OK my wife just sent me a text with my phone locked. When I long press on the text icon, her face appears, along with the message she sent. But above all that in the to left corner it says Chomp SMS. So it might be my messaging app doing it. Try a secondary messaging app. Let me know bud.

Im using just the stock app an tried other apps but got use to this one already. Hmm think theres a setting for the stock app somewhere?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Im using just the stock app an tried other apps but got use to this one already. Hmm think theres a setting for the stock app somewhere?

I'm not too sure. I like trying new things which is why I stuck with Chomp. I've also used Handcent and Go SMS pro. Chomp is the best. Not sure if there is a setting with the stock app. Why don't you try Chomp SMS.. Give it a shot. Also only picture of the person will show up if you are synced to Facebook on the notification screen..

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm not too sure. I like trying new things which is why I stuck with Chomp. I've also used Handcent and Go SMS pro. Chomp is the best. Not sure if there is a setting with the stock app. Why don't you try Chomp SMS.. Give it a shot. Also only picture of the person will show up if you are synced to Facebook on the notification screen..

Sent from my HTC One using A Forums mobile app

Ok so under accessibility it shows the dynamic app so i enabled it an it warned me that the app could collect info from texts an more. Is it still safe to agree to it? Also i tested it with the app enabled under the accessibility an now it shows the info when i press the message icon on the lockscreen. Only shows the phone number an time but no message,just a ''null'' word.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok so under accessibility it shows the dynamic app so i enabled it an it warned me that the app could collect info from texts an more. Is it still safe to agree to it? Also i tested it with the app enabled under the accessibility an now it shows the info when i press the message icon on the lockscreen. Only shows the phone number an time but no message,just a ''null'' word.

I do not have it checked under accessibility because it says for pre android 4.3 devices... What version android are you running? .. You should be 4.3 by now..if so leave it off. I know for voice mail you'll get the icon and the number that called you..if you just hold it in the center. Mine still shows the text message in the upper left hand corner when I hold it. If you like to fool around just try another messaging app and explore. Like I said, it took me a few tries to get it right. But you will love it. And it's safe. A lot of apps day it collects data. Haven't had an issue. And nobody else...

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to this post I decided to give this app a test spin. I haven't really put it to the full test drive yet but it seems to be relatively useful and not really impacting battery or functionality.

One odd thing I can't seem to get around though. I use Daydream to keep my screen on and just a finger tap away to get to my Home screen when on the charger. This app doesn't seem to be able to pop anything up while Daydream is active. It works when I'm on battery but if the Daydream screensaver is running I'm still relying on audible alert or the blinking LED since DN doesn't seem to be able to override it. I did not block any apps in the DN settings so if it's aware Daydream is running it just doesn't seem to be able to do anything about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey