Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do you use a case?

hi I've had my One for a couple of months now and have never taken my Otterbox off of it, but I've been considering removing it. how many of you don't use a case? can the aluminum body stand up to drops and scratches, or is it as fragile as any other phone?

thanks

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Stock 3D, CM 7.1

Default Re: do you use a case?

I have the Best Buy warranty so I never use a case. Why cover up such a beautiful device?? That said, I have dropped my phone many times. Once I even kicked it into the curb when I tried to break the fall with my foot. It's still in great shape. The metal has a few dings in it from the rough handling but the screen doesn't have a scratch on it and it overall the phone still looks great. Every time I drop it I get a little excited that I will get to replace my phone under warranty, but it just won't break.

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

In my case I use a case for protecting the One's back from scratches. I often put my phones on every kind of surface and with a slim case like Incipio Feather I can rest at ease without covering much of the phone.

I also bought an UAG case for those times that I need to have it more protected like going outdoors or sports. These cases are awesome and don't steal too much from the looks. I have dropped the One a couple of times and it it were not from being in a case like this, it would be broken already.

The naked One is extremely great to look at, but I guess that's it's too much too ask, specially for guys like me that buy unlocked or off-contract phones.

Bought my One at Costco several months ago, and the first thing I asked about was a silicone case. The phone was just too slippery without it. So I always have the phone in that clear silicone case and then I keep it in a slide in leather case that slips nicely into my pocket. I think Otterboxes make the phone too fat.

My only concern with not using a case is scratching the camera lens. For those who do not use a case
    , how risky is a scratched lens? I'm all for not using a bulky case, but that really does worry me, since it impacts functionality, vs a scratch on the side or dent.

I've got a Spigen glass protector on the front of mine with the invisible shield on the back for grip. I hate rocking a case.

Posted via Android Central App